Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the FIRST player you ever saw score a goal for The Albion?...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Does anybody know anywhere where I can find out?

It was at the Goldstone v. Cambridge United 24th September 1994. Final result was 2-0, but can't remember the goalscorer.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
O sullivan. cant remember the game or the score,just wanting a thick lush tash after the game i know it must have been sully

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It was a 1-1 draw (previously seen Albion draw a couple of blanks) at the Goldstone against Wrexham. The scorer, I think, was Gavin Geddes...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Will have to look mine up, most unusual as i pride myself on being good on remembering thigs from way back when.

My 1st game was a 0-0 but we beat Gillingham 3-0 on Boxind day 1968. Hopefully it will be Kit Napier, Albion hero.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Lawrenson or Robinson, they both scored in a 2-2 draw against Birmingham 1980 but I don't know who scored first.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Probably Ian Mellor in the 70's. My Dad told me he had seen him score direct from a corner with a bicycle kick the previous week, and at a corner in the South end, he duly obliged again :yahoo:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Dave Armstrong. You'll probably have to look him up, as he only scored 6 in 45 appearances. Kit Napier and Alex Dawson were 2nd and 3rd in the same game.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I really remember very few details about going to the Goldstone, I just remember the general experience. I can't even remember actually celebrating goals. The most vivid memory is the noise coming from the North Stand to my left and just thinking it was amazing. The other memory is watching the clock at evening matches thinking how brilliant it was that I was still at a football match at 9:30 on a school night!

Anyway, to the point, as far as I know the first match I ever attended was the 4-1 cup defeat to Swindon. That means the first person I ever saw score for us was MArk Chamberlain. I'm afraid the name doesn't ring a bell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here