Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Michael Jackson at Wembley in 1992.

Awesome show and I still rate it as the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It is a funny shape. I was thinking more of the bands they have on, they seem to get some great stuff. And also, I find the bar and door staff nice and they run that bar like bosses. But yeah, I suppose it is a bit odd shaped.

I generally only put on Tribute bands on there, but saw Sweet Undertones & Pil there recently and all great nights.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Jeez, I can’t stand that venue, the layout is ok, but the beer is shite, better pint across the road at the bear.
Just something about the venue, I can’t put my finger on.

Despite living in Northants for 25 years+ that was my first visit to the Roadmenders. They actually had one or two drinkable craft beers on draft (at a price!) - I thought it was a nice little venue.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Madness
It was an under 18 concert and a pound to get in. They were touring their first album
Hammersmith I think.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Probably at The Pilgrim, Haywards Heath, 1966 or so underage drinking. Maybe The Motion, Johnny Fine and the Ramblers or Robb Storme and the Whispers.

Or perhaps The Beach Boys 1966/67. Saw them 3 times: Tooting Granada, Hammersmith Odeon and Finsbury Park Astoria. Mike Love was. moaning in one about their record company putting out 'Then I Kissed her' as a single.

No. The Small Faces when Sha La La La Lee was almost top of the charts at the legendary Downs Hotel, Hassocks of all places. Beginning of 1966.

Another for Jonny Fine and the Ramblers

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Who
Dunstable Civic Hall
1969 I think. Must have been just before they left for Woodstock.

Dunstable is famously where the live version of Silver Machine by Hawkwind was filmed in 1972 for Top of the Pops.

Strobes, Stacia and a Bubble machine.

Plus Band and Crowd clearly off their tits. Not your normal ToTP fare... :lolol:

Oh first up Summer of 1977 Yes supported by Donovan at Bingley Hall Stafford, long since demolished (the buildings not the performers I hasten to add.)

Next gig was far more exciting (Hawkwind at the Manchester Palace) as it stopped for a lengthy ruck between local Hells Angels and Security. Had never seen someone bottled before...

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
17.3.1976. Top Rank, Brighton. The Heptones on first, followed by Toots and the Maytals.
I thought The Heptones were better than Toots.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
17.3.1976. Top Rank, Brighton. The Heptones on first, followed by Toots and the Maytals.
I thought The Heptones were better than Toots.

I was there and don't remember the Heptones but thought Toots was brilliant one of my favourite shows.All about opinions.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Guns n Roses at Wembley Stadium. Must have been around 1991 ish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here