Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was born in a Palace area

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Out of all you Brighton fans who amongst you were born in London and grew up elsewhere.

You may well wish to live there again sometime in places like Dulwich,Streatham or even Beckenham which is quite nice.

Dulwich hospital. Does that make me a bad person? Or a great person for resisting the dark side and choosing the path of rightousness?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beckenham, about three or four miles from Smellworst Park. My parents had the decency to move to Sussex when I was five. However, there was more than one reason. Back in those days (we moved in 1960) the whole of Greater London (okay, Beckenham is actually in Kent) was still prone to smog problems as most people still had coal fires. As a result I suffered badly from broncitis and they moved for my health's sake as much as anything else (bless 'em).

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Lokki 7 said:
Dulwich hospital. Does that make me a bad person? Or a great person for resisting the dark side and choosing the path of rightousness?
At what age did you get forced to move away.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Beckenham, about three or four miles from Smellworst Park. My parents had the decency to move to Sussex when I was five. However, there was more than one reason. Back in those days (we moved in 1960) the whole of Greater London (okay, Beckenham is actually in Kent) was still prone to smog problems as most people still had coal fires. As a result I suffered badly from broncitis and they moved for my health's sake as much as anything else (bless 'em).
Beckenham was once classed along with Dulwich as being a respectable area and amongst the high class of society.

Could this of been this have been after you moved away.:D

Very considerate of your parents though BHAE.:clap:

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
I was born in Islington. Why on earth I would want to move to a Sarf London slum is beyond me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Croydonbloke said:
Beckenham was once classed along with Dulwich as being a respectable area and amongst the high class of society.

Could this of been this have been after you moved away.:D

Very considerate of your parents though BHAE.:clap:

Actually it still is at one end and I have a lot of relatives in the Bromley area. I'm spending Christmas in Keston.

The house in Beckenham I was born in is about 100 yards from Birkbeck Station, not exaclty up market I agree :)

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
bhaexpress said:
Actually it still is at one end and I have a lot of relatives in the Bromley area. I'm spending Christmas in Keston.

The house in Beckenham I was born in is about 100 yards from Birkbeck Station, not exaclty up market I agree :)

that area is so declasse now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here