B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nope, I was in Canada, listened to the second half courtesy of a telephone and a radio in Goring, went out that night and got exceedingly drunk.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Everyone had to get their tickets well in advance of the game, not knowing whether it would be meaningless or not at the time of purchase.

Thank Goodness it was on Goals For and not Goal Difference.

PS Hugged 2 complete strangers - not typical behaviour for any of us I'm sure.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Happy Seagull said:
I was there :clap2:

Best and worst Albion away game ever for me.

Was there a better or indeed worse HOME game then? Not for me, that was my all time high and low supporting the Albion. That day was just an incredible rollercoaster of emotion that I will NEVER forget.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hardly remember the game.

I remember

1. Not being able to get a drink in the town before kick off.

2. My dad getting very emotional at the final whistle

3. The wierd flat bit at the bottom of the away end.

4. Hereford nearly scoring at the end

5. Feeling desperately sorry for Hereford fans walking out.

6. The train journey back, where someone had prepared an Albion based quiz.

7. After at Paddington station with the echo of "SEAGULLS, SEAGULLS" under the roof

8. Getting back to London in time for a pint in The George on Borough High Street.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I remember arriving in Hereford on the supporters coach and the first inhabitants I saw were three kids giving us rude signs...wearing Man U shirts. That said it all.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I was there. Cant say that I enjoyed the game until the ref blew the final whistle. Then a fantastic celebratory drink(s) in Ross On Wye. Cant remember getting home !

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I was there, can't say I watched much of the final 15 minutes.
Head in hands job.
And thank god for referee Neil Barry not being a homer, they had a strong appeal for a penalty waved away by him in the second half.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Yes I was there and aged about 10 years during the game.

I was on a plane from Stockholm once and had a real massive argument with a Manure fan as he was saying that the Champions League cup final against Bayen Munich in Barcelona 'was unbelievable pressure'..............well I told him that real pressure was being at Hereford 1-0 down, with your club just about the go out of the leauge and business, now that is pressure. I cried that day, also cried at Newcastle when we went up, did not cry at Wembley 83 as that was just fun, no pressure. Hereford was so different to any game that I have been to.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I couldn't be there as I was a best man at a wedding. I came out of the church with a radio pinned to my ear (it's visible in some of the photos) and couldn't go into the reception until the game was over. I was dancing like a looney when the final whistle blew - I believe I mentioned the result a couple of times in my speech.

Best bit of all: my then girlfriend was from Hereford. Did I have bragging rights for the next few months...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here