Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Maheta Molgano

Votes: 21 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Molgano playing well in the reseves good to see him have a run out i think he will link up with the big guy

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Maheta - give the boy a go and put Harty in a right midfield. Lets beat them with attacking, exciting football.......suddenly wakes up goes to Bill Hill's and puts mortgage on 1.0 win

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
play jake and have maheta on bench or even vice versa, either way would be happy

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ive got for Molango. Not sure whether putting Jake in at the moment would do him any good.

We are struggling to create chances and would not do his confidence much good playing in a struggling team and the crowd getting on his back.

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Richie Morris said:
Ive got for Molango. Not sure whether putting Jake in at the moment would do him any good.

We are struggling to create chances and would not do his confidence much good playing in a struggling team and the crowd getting on his back.
On that basis, when is he ever going to get a game? Why should the crowd get on his back? Im sure it wouldnt do his confidence much good to be left out of the team after reportedly scoring 25 goals in under half a season and at a time when Leon is suspended. He can hardly score fewer goals than Leon has managed this season - a grand total of 2 - and he always gives 100%.

McGhee has said he expects to play Virgo up front with McCammon, the question being whether to go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Virgo and McCammon in a 4-4-2 would be a disaster IMHO as they have no pace (something you cant say about Robinson) and it would undoubtedly result in much more aimless hoofing. If we start hoofing the ball as much as we did last season, we are doomed to relegation because the ball will just keep coming back at us.

If we are going to play 4-4-2 against Gillingham, it should be McCammon and Robinson with Virgo at the back.

Last edited:

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
i like the idea of big fella little fella up front and feel that jakey has the pace and confidence to feed from the big fella also jake is very comfortable with the ball to his feet and has the pace to chase well placed balls over the defenders...i feel Virgs and McG up front would limit our options when coming foward no disrespect to either players....I would equally happy with Molgano up front with the mighty Gammon as Maheta has a fair amount of pace and a good degree of skill and i feel we would see the best of him with a target man partner...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
anyone but virgo we should in the first half of millwall game and in the west ham game you create near enough nothing with no pace up front

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Molango: in line for a recall?

Striker Could Come From Within

By Tim Dudding

Mark McGhee today hinted that one of his fringe strikers may be given the opportunity to replace the suspended Leon Knight in Sunday's basement battle with Gillingham.

The Albion boss admits he is on the prowl for another loan striker to compliment his existing strike force, but says that Sunday may come too soon and therefore he will have to consider_other options.

Maheta Molango, Jake Robinson and Gary Hart could therefore all be in contention, but equally, McGhee may opt to drop the three-pronged attacking approach he employed against Stoke City._

"We're not just searching outside for a replacement, because obviously we have people here who can come in and do a job," McGhee explained in an interview for Seagulls World.

"We can change the way we play, or just leave Mark [McCammon] and Adam Virgo up front, so we do have options in terms of the system and the players we have available.

"Long term we are looking to bring someone else in to give us more depth and more cover, but it might not be before Sunday."

Sunday's ban will mark Knight's fourth game of the season that he has missed through suspension, and comes just as the striker has started performing to the level demanded by McGhee. However, the Albion boss is being pragmatic about his absence.

"I hope it is more frustrating for Leon than it is for me. I get on with it - when a player gets injured or a player get suspended I am philosophical about it and just get on with it.

"But for Leon himself, he's desperate to score goals. He can't score goals if he's not playing, and here we are again it's another game he's missing.

"He played very well the other night and we want him playing like that. So we'll get the Gillingham game out of the way and we'll get him back."

The Gillingham clash is completely sold out, but some tickets remain for the home match with Watford on Monday 3rd January. Click here for details.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Bloody virgo up front is bollocks grrrrrrrr,molango for me and jakey on the bench.Our strike forces have been dire this season.

How many goals have strikers scored,bar that defender virgo,its time to unleash molangoooooooooo and jakeyyyyyyy me thinks and get virgs back to where he belongs.:clap:

kinkygerbil said:
anyone but virgo - in the west ham game you create near enough nothing with no pace up front

Except the free kick Virgo won that we scored from :dunce:

kinkygerbil said:
if getting fouled is a good thing then yes ok

just rating him how you rate leon

Outrun Repka didn't he though? Not bad for a guy with no pace. Yes, I rate Virgs - better long-term bet to invest in than your guy :p

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here