Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who the hell is Paul McCarthy?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
*EDIT*

Sorry just reread your post,
Paul McCarthy was a great player for us but yes you're right PTV have f***ed up again!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm 17. In 1996 I knew who the Albion were and was following the goings on at the time but players on their way out would have gone under the radar unnoticed.

If he left in 1996 why the hell has he appeared on the site again recently?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This thread makes me feel so old :nono:

Who the hell is Paul McCarthy ??? :lolol:

Next they'll be a thread, who the hell is Steve Foster :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
92 games. No goals. No nonsense. No quarter.:clap2:

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Gareth Glover said:
This thread makes me feel so old :nono:

Who the hell is Paul McCarthy ??? :lolol:

Next they'll be a thread, who the hell is Steve Foster :ohmy:

Fred Binney?....I feel I'm 20 years older than quite a few on here...saw a few with their logins on their shirts at Ipswich and it explains alot of whats posted on here..different generations and all that

88 games and no goals, might be true DougDeep. But he should have been awarded an own goal for the penalty he ludicrously gave away against Bolton in about 92. Third round of the FA Cup on a freezing afternoon yet we had a good 2000 up there. Oh and we lost...........

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dougdeep said:
88 games. No goals. No nonsense. No quarter.:clap2:

He even played up front once, at home to swindon who went up that year, we finished about 16th i think. we lost 3-1 that game. i think it was at the height of jan arge fjortoft's powers (in wiltshire anyway).

i wish i could remember useful stuff like phone numbers and names, but it would appear that i have so much albion related useless information in my head that nothing else can get in.

(i think this is the point where some smart arse corrects everything i have just said, therefore confirming that my head is actually full of useless AND incorrect information :))

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Stoaty Ferret said:
My favourite Albion player ever.
Paul Paul super Paul,
Paul Paul super Paul,
Paul Paul super Paul,
Super Paul McCarthy

:clap2:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Tommy Cook reporting said:
88 games and no goals, might be true DougDeep. But he should have been awarded an own goal for the penalty he ludicrously gave away against Bolton in about 92. Third round of the FA Cup on a freezing afternoon yet we had a good 2000 up there. Oh and we lost...........

Blimey, that's taken me back!!

At that time we were in a higher division than Bolton and thought winning there wouldn't be a problem......! However, we were rubbish that day, and McCarthy did give away a ridiculous penalty

My memories of that day are the murky, misty conditions the game was played in, the fact you couldn't see one of the corner flags because a sodding great supermarket was attached to the back of the away stand (I kid you not!!) and Albion fans kicking off with one another when we were losing!!!

Not one of the better journeys home after watching Brighton away, not sure if Bolton has changed much over the last 10 years (hope so) as what I can remember, the town was depressingly crap and run down :(

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
dougdeep said:
88 games. No goals. No nonsense. No quarter.:clap2:

No goals?

Are you sure?

Only ask because I'm 99.9% certain he scored at Orient away one afternoon....I was battered that day I admit, but sure he powered in a header!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tommy Cook reporting said:

Were we stuck in the corner where you couldn't the corner flag (on the other side) ? No roof - and it was raining ?

I had flu (was at Manchester University at the time) but still went along. Was ill for weeks afterwards because of it.

Was absolutely freezing - we kept buying coffee and wagon wheels just to stay alive.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
According the club site he scored 6 whilst at Brighton; but as I said, according to the club site he's currently playing for us....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here