Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should partner Murray against Leyton Orient?

Who should partner Murray against Orient?

• Total voters

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
LuaLua...

Lomana LuaLua. FLAREST PLAYER EVER.

[yt]Wri7Vm8UYgw[/yt]

That song reached number 1 in DR Congo. :bowdown:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I prefer Wood to Branes and the rest, but i think for this game i would prefer Barnes. Orient seem to be the type of team to be able to cope with a physical presence upfront, with the likes of Terrell Forbes at the back! Put a bit of pace behind them, and they will have no chance!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder whether we'll see more of Barnes after the Orient game now that Noone has arrived...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Gus (or the fans) have had enough of a chance to see Wood. I think Gus will keep him in the team because he has to decide if he wants to extend his loan (unless he signs a new striker soon, of course).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
why are we having this discussion. Wood WILL play. It's his last game and unless Gus has already got his striker signign in then he'llw ant tos ee him again. Like the three forwards idea though with Benno wing backing..

Tiny Cox will like that too, though.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
not at all a bad call with Barnes playing at the front of a midfield diamond

I think if we do opt for bennett at right back and play the diamond then Smith will play at the front of it.

I would prefer to see Barnes and Murray play together. Barnes does miss alot of chances but he also gets in good positions. So far cannot really remember Wood getting into these type of positions and most of his ggod work is done outside the box.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Barnes And Murray
bam.gif

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Murray & Wood combo is suited to games like Soton & Huddersfield away (+ charlton at home with 10 men) where we dont dominate and need our stikers to hold the ball up, something which Barnes can't do very well. However i like to think that against Orient we will dominate so i expect Barnes + Murray or Wood. Both of them were on their respective arse's on wednesday which is to be expected playing with 10 men, so I predict Murray & Wood 1/2 game each with Barnes from the start, and same again on Monday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes; Wood is not that good a player, lacks goals, brings very little in addition to Murray (our best striker)... Barnes complements Murray well...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Instinct is for Barnes, who at least knows where the goal is. Wood may be good. Could be anything but maybe worth a six month punt. Holroyd :wave:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Now I am not a massive Barnes fan. But if something isn't broke, then it doesn't need fixing. The fact is Murray/Barnes combo was working well, we had to get another striker and we still need one. But I dont think Wood is any better than Barnes, all things considered and Wood simply does NOT score goals, end of!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here