Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who says Millwall fans are thick...?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Don't know if this thread has already been posted, but it's starting to go viral on various football message boards. A Millwall fan gets confused when he is unable to buy his own season ticket seat. This seems genuine rather than a wind-up. Bless his little cotton socks. I'm still not entirely sure he understands his mistake by the end of it, despite the plethora of people trying to explain it. (NB It gets a bit sweary.)

http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=2403

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:facepalm:

If it's not a wind-up, then he's clearly not the brightest light in the harbour is he?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It begs the question - assuming this isn't the first game he's bothered going to this season - of what's been happening at other games. My best guess is he didn't realise the credit card thing he was sent was a season ticket, and he's been turning up at the ticket office on the day of each match, asking for his ticket. The tellers have assumed he means he has left his ST at home, and after confirming his identity, have issued him with a duplicate ticket for his seat. I wonder if they've been charging him (five or ten quid a go, say) to issue the duplicates! Either way, I would very much like to have eavesdropped on some of his conversations with the ticket office!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Erm..... I actually know that Millwall fan and I am meeting him and a couple of others after the game next week.

Please find out the real story. Only I'am really none the wiser from reading the thread.
He can't have done what they are suggesting shirley.:facepalm:

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
Thick they may or may not be! but damn freekin rude they are!!! When they were last down, i had one lad run up to my car window and start calling me alsorts of names....and his reason "ha ha your driving with a boy in your car"... erm o..........k!!! x

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Please find out the real story. Only I'am really none the wiser from reading the thread.

Yeah, I want to know if he ended up buying that sofa.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Think what you like about Millwall fans, but he is a genuinely nice bloke and he made a mistake about something which is now blindingly obvious. I've tried to call him, but he's keeping a low profile, bless him.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Blatent wind up.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Just spoke to him and he's feeling a little embarrassed. Basically, he was pished when he made the post and just didn't make the connection. He wasn't gonna go to the game at all, or join me for that drink, but I think we've persuaded him to now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here