glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
brilliant

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that there has been an increase in the numbers of foxes about now. This seems rather obvious since fox hunting was abolished but there must be another way that animal life can be protected from this vermin.

A number of people I know have lost their chickens which they never did in the past.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
I am sure that there has been an increase in the numbers of foxes about now. This seems rather obvious since fox hunting was abolished but there must be another way that animal life can be protected from this vermin.

A number of people I know have lost their chickens which they never did in the past.

SO you're suggesting saving one group of animals by slaughtering another? :shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A lot of different species of animals would be saved if we didnt have foxes, what good do they do if any.

Remove natural predators and you're asking for trouble. It's as bad as introducing new plants, insects or animals into an environment where they have no natural predators. Just because they eat some people's chickens doesn't mean they should be exterminated-better fencing would be the answer in your friend's case.

A c&p for you:

The urban fox's diet consists mainly of food scavenged from the streets and gardens. They also eat fruit, worms, insects and small animals, some of which are pests (eg rats, mice and pigeons). Generally, they do not pose a threat to domestic cats and dogs but, being opportunists, will take smaller pets such as rabbits and guinea pigs if they are left unguarded.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A lot of different species of animals would be saved if we didnt have foxes, what good do they do if any.

Vermin? They are Foxes and they don't exist for your benefit, they are sentient beings in their own right.

Care to list all the species that they have wiped out?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Brian did you used to pin a note to your back at school saying 'kick me'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone see that BIG sign over the A23 this morning at the junction with the A27 ?

"FOR FOX SAKE DON'T VOTE CONSERVATIVE"

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Vermin? They are Foxes and they don't exist for your benefit, they are sentient beings in their own right.

Care to list all the species that they have wiped out?

This. This, and This again.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

Foxes what have they ever done for us eh? Bastards all of them. I had fox in the back of my cab last week and you know what, he doesn't work, is out every night shagging some vixen in some random garden, in front of children and pensioners. Thats right pensioners. And does he work or pay taxes, no he doesn't, he just swans around living off decent hard working people like you and me, and don't get me started on how many youngsters he's had all with different females.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brian did you used to pin a note to your back at school saying 'kick me'?

No but I do love to see peoples reactions if you do not do and say what the majority like to hear.

I have never really thought about banning fox hunting or otherwise until now when a lot of my friends have had their chickens killed by foxes and this seems to be on the increase as you see them brazenly walking about during the day, an unheard of thing in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here