Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who sang "We'll never play you again" at Carlisle fans?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As a general rule, I never sing that song. However, after all the years of being ripped off, herded in like animals, and for the most part embarrasingly beaten until the last couple of seasons, I might have got carried away and sung it that time at Orient. So yes, obviously silly.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LOL.. we sang it at Shewsbury and played them in the FA Cup the following year... and this year in the league cup!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i actually cannot wait for carlisle away presuming they are promoted

it always used to be one of the best days out - a bloody long journey, an early start, a half decent ground and a nice town

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tooting Gull said:
As a general rule, I never sing that song. However, after all the years of being ripped off, herded in like animals, and for the most part embarrasingly beaten until the last couple of seasons, I might have got carried away and sung it that time at Orient. So yes, obviously silly.
Was that after a couple of shandy's by any chance Tooting?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People always sing that song, it's just a laugh innit?

Few of us really believe we're never ever actually going to be at that level again. We hope, but you can never be certain.

I seriously doubt Carlisle are going to remember it, as no doubt plenty of clubs have sung it at them.

Like I'm sure clubs have sung it at us (and probably will for the next two games).

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
edna krabappel said:

I seriously doubt Carlisle are going to remember it, as no doubt plenty of clubs have sung it at them.

To be honest, it's only time in the last 2 years in the past 10 that we HAVEN'T had it sung at us:lolol:

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'd imagine it was sung in a 'tongue in cheek' fashion....
The chances of never meeting a football club ever again is pretty slim!

.......you need to keep that hope of playing Man U in the Premiership......................................:jester:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
edna krabappel said:

Like I'm sure clubs have sung it at us (and probably will for the next two games).

The Carlisle fans I know definitely remember. And they still hate us cos when we played them during foot and mouth, some well-meaning but misguided Brighton fans took up a bucket collection for the farmers!

I can't imagine the reception at Brunton Park being all smiles, to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here