Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who reckons Archer and Stanley

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
may have benefited from the 2nd sale of the Goldstone for 20+ million about a year after it had already been sold for 6 million, or is that totally unthinkable? :angry:

Everytime I see or hear how just how wealthy Archer has become it winds me and makes me wonder how he went from just running Focus to getting to be so rich. It may have had nothing to do with his Albion dealings but....... or should I just get over it and look to the future :(

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Icy Gull said:
makes me wonder how he went from just running Focus to getting to be so rich.

He didn't run it he owned it didn't he? I would imagine that the money he took from the club was a drop in the ocean compared to what he made from Focus-Wickes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
DK refused the Wickes ads last year while Archer was still the owner, now that he has sold it, we have the ads

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
After the Goldstone was developed Chartwell Land sold it to an insurace company 20 Mill +, I have often wondered if them three barstards or anyone connected with them business wise were investors in Chartwell

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Re: Re: Who reckons Archer and Stanley

Rangdo said:
He didn't run it he owned it didn't he? I would imagine that the money he took from the club was a drop in the ocean compared to what he made from Focus-Wickes.

Actually he did just run it at first - he was employed by Greg Stanley who actually owned the business.

My guess is that Archer probably shafted Stanley as much as he did us - went from being an employee to owning the whole lot and being a lot wealthier than his former boss ???

I still firmly believe that Greg never set out to harm the Albion. Anyone who actually knew him would have seen he was a genuine football supporter who really had a feeling for the club early on but he let that parasite Archer in and the rest was history.

Stanley spent most of his time so pissed that I don't think he knew what Archer was up to. Greg made no money from his time at the Albion and actually paid the wagebill out of his own pocket when we were in trouble.

Archer, on the other hand is a scheming **** who stitched the club and supporters up a treat making himself a pile of dough at our expense. :angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Who reckons Archer and Stanley

227 BHA said:
Actually he did just run it at first - he was employed by Greg Stanley who actually owned the business.

:

That was also my understanding and however strong my contempt towards the C:censored: t, he is obviously a long way from being the alcohol laden fool that his employer seems to have been.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Who reckons Archer and Stanley

227 BHA said:
I still firmly believe that Greg never set out to harm the Albion. Anyone who actually knew him would have seen he was a genuine football supporter who really had a feeling for the club early on but he let that parasite Archer in and the rest was history.

Stanley spent most of his time so pissed that I don't think he knew what Archer was up to. Greg made no money from his time at the Albion and actually paid the wagebill out of his own pocket when we were in trouble.

So he never read the papers or anything then? To claim ignorance is beyond belief. Stanley was part of the Axis of Evil along with Belotti and Archer. End of. And he made a f***ing mint like Archer did.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
On what evidence do you know that he made a mint?

My understanding is that Greg Stanley put a fair amount into the club in the early days but had signed his shares over to Archer and was safely supping large brandies in his box at Stamford Bridge when the shit started hitting the fan.

Greg was long gone when Archer ripped the guts from this club :angry:

Yes, Greg was a fool and it could be said it was all his fault for bringing Archer on board but it was Archer and Bellotti who did the damage.

I knew Greg Stanley aprox 15 years ago when he did some good things for this club and because of that I was probably more saddened than most at the way his tenure ended but like I said, I still believe that Archer took Stanley for a ride and as a drunken fool he never saw it coming :jester:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lets ask Ben's Grandad. :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would this be an appropriate moment to wish all three of those c**ts nothing but pain, suffering and misery?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here