Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who really believes we will be in the championship for opening season at Falmer

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I foresee a big South Coast battle if both ourselves & Scumhampton are in this division next season. Who will be coming down though as one of the relegated normally bounces straight back up too. We will at least consolidate this season & there is an outside chance of play offs if Gus can keep up the momentum. Believe.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does it really matter if we are in the Championship or not? One could make an argument that the best case scenario would be for our first season at Falmer to be the season we eventually get promotion from League One. It would allow us to build up a bit of momentum (and the fanbase) with some winning football before finally taking off into the sunlit uplands of the Championship - and perhaps beyond.

gezza01

Feb 18, 2004
new milton hants
I can see us in the championship for the opening of falmer. Bloom I think will spend big next season on what Poyet wants.
We must be in that league otherwise I can see crowds dipping to 8000 in the leagues outside of the championship.
Seagulls

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had a good team in Div 1 for first season at Falmer. Going back to the 70s, our successful team brought in bigger crowds. Then we had the momentum to go through Div 2 (now the Championship) in 2 - nearly 1 (bloody Spurs/Saints:angry:) season!

Agree with that. I don't go in for all this "must be in the championship for falmer" nonsense. As long as we're challenging near the top of a league and winning games people will turn out, it's when we're losing every week that people don't bother turning up.

Also the business model has now changed as we don't have debt interest to service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here