Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who really believes we will be in the championship for opening season at Falmer

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Good point. I would love to see Charlton, Leeds and Norwich go up this season, just so we have a clear run next season. They are three sides that I am always resigned to defeat against.

And the 3 teams that are likely to get relegated from the championship this season don't look like they could offer the same competition as these 3 do...

My money is on Peterborough, Plymouth and Scunthorpe.

As far as the chances of promotion for opening season at Falmer, i'd say its a real possibility but via play-offs. Asking for automatic promotion may be a little too much.

I believe Bloom will bring some serious money to the table this summer giving Gus the opportunity to buy almost exactly the players he wants.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is that a threat Dougie, do we need to get the rozzers to check out your garage? If there's one thing that can be guaranteed Falmer will be open for 2011.

Yabba Dabba Do

Oct 31, 2009
sunny seaFORD
YES WE CAN !!! Just like no drama Obama - but this is The Albion we're talking about - so bound to be some drama ..... With a bit of PMA and ALL of us supporting the manager - the team - the chairman through thick and thin and putting our bums on the seats whenever possible - YES WE CAN !!! :goal:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If we could reproduce the standard of play we achieved against Southampton on a regular basis we could do it next season,but its a huge IF!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yep I do.

Gus can get us playing football that can make us beat anyone in this league on our day, as we saw at Southampton. If we can replicate that consistently then we will be up near the top of the league next May.

Some have suggested that we could reach the playoffs this season, I am unconvinced but, Ian Dowie came in to Palase a few years ago at Christmas time when they were in the relegation zone and got them into the playoffs that year. So anything, however improbable it seems, is possible

And then get relegated back to L1 in time for Falmer :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not really, but I live in hope.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Get rid of charlton,leeds and norwich and then you have only got another dozen or so teams to pass.
Absolutely priceless:lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Didn't most off the people on here say that we would challenge for the play-offs this year?
Anther relegation battle beckons.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We'll be higher up next year but I can't see us getting promoted. We'll turn in some blinding performances but also plenty if shit still. Mid table mediocrity beckons.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The way i see it is this.. Gus seems a fairly ambitious chap wanting to make his mark as a manager. For Bloom to hire him i'd say its assured that Poyet has been offered big funds in the summer and he knows what he has to spend. He has already claimed when he came that he'd been waiting for the right job. That right job wasnt brighton with no money. He knows hes got more money to spend in the summer than any other manager has had in recent times for us. Lets just hope he spends it wisely...personally i have faith in him

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there is no time like the present to start a run towards the play-offs , i for one was not expecting much from walsall and the result was a nice surprise , there is no reason why we shouldn't be pushing for the play-offs this year but we will need to start NOW...!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
there is no time like the present to start a run towards the play-offs , i for one was not expecting much from walsall and the result was a nice surprise , there is no reason why we shouldn't be pushing for the play-offs this year but we will need to start NOW...!!!

Whilst I think we have an almost impossible task of reaching the playoffs this season, I couldnt agree more. We have won the last few - there is nothing wrong with ambitious targets.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's possible but I don't think it will happen.

It takes time to build a winning team, just look how long it's taken Leeds to get out of this division. I think next season we'll be top 10 at least possibly making it into the play-offs.

The first season at Falmer I think will give the club the boost it needs to go up, as long as Gus is still in charge

Couldn't agree more.

It's a possibility, but do I REALLY believe it WILL happen? No - for the reason stated above. Look at the money Man City spent & the time it took (/is taking) to turn them into a team. OK, so their competition is somewhat different, but so is their budget!

If we continue the improvement this year with a strong finish towards play-off contention, then a run to the play-offs next year, then promotion the year after I'd be over the moon... :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was the right thing to do in appointing Slade but it's a shame Poyet wasn't appointed instead as I'm sure we'd be in a different position now with a settled team built to really challenge next season.

Yes, we'd be top of League 2.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Replacing Forster is going to be very important.

I think we'll be a very attractive club to join next season, especially for younger players, should we remain in this division (of which I'm confident). I think Poyet is a great choice of manager and with a few quid we should be able to give players the assurances they want theat they'll be playing at a decent level without a couple of seasons. We will become a good club to build a career at IMO.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
When you look at the f***ing mess so many clubs are in right now and the fact that we have (touch wood) come through our troubles the future looks very bright. Whether or not we'll be in the Championship for the first season at Falmer I dunno, but even if we're not, a promotion chasing season at Falmer would get the crowds in and the atmosphere going.

I hope the first season provides some good entertainment to bring the people in.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It takes time to build a winning team, just look how long it's taken Leeds to get out of this division. I think next season we'll be top 10 at least possibly making it into the play-offs.

I think we can make top 10 this season! admittedly 10th but still top 10! :thumbsup:

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had a good team in Div 1 for first season at Falmer. Going back to the 70s, our successful team brought in bigger crowds. Then we had the momentum to go through Div 2 (now the Championship) in 2 - nearly 1 (bloody Spurs/Saints:angry:) season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here