Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who put a curse on Palace?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
An amusing read from the Palace messageboard.

Interesting link to another thread about some guy called Romark who supposedly placed a curse on Selhurst Park back in the 70s :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Who put a curse on Palace? - CPFC BBS

Who put a curse on Palace?
I ask the question because I can't believe the crap this Club and we as supporters have put up with and gone through.

In 1991 Robbed of a place in Europe by UEFA letting the Scousers back into Europe after their long term ban at the end of 90/91 season when we finished 3rd.

Relegated in 1993 with one of the highest if not the highest points totals ever on goal difference to an Oldham team that had struggled to win most of the season suddenly getting 3 on the bounce against Aston Villa (pushing for Title) The "mighty" Liverpool and Southampton( who actually gave Oldham their hardest game-but conceded 4 goals in a 4-3 thriller).

Getting relegated from Premiership in 95 when finishing 4th from bottom as they were reducing the number of Clubs in premier. Why not relegate three and promote 2 ????

Noades sells the Club in 1997 or 98 to that idiot Goldberg( When I say Club I mean Name as he didn't manage to negotiate the inclusion of SP for £23m purchase-DUHHHH!!).

We are saved (Thankfully) from extinction by SJ who does not have the business acumen to buy SP off Noades ASAP.

Relegated from Prem in 2005 by bloody Charlton behind WBA who were dead and buried at Xmas and who drew 1-1 late in the season with Man City without having a shot on target all game. Their goal was an own goal!

The Club is then run into the ground by poor financial mismanagement and bungling by our Entrepreneurial Chairman (another term for Total Idiot).
Not satisfied with that, when given the opportunity to save face and get some money and save the Club, he throws his toys out of the pram.

I accept losing £7.8m or whatever is a terrible awful blow, but this stance looks as though it could kill the Club and leave him getting 0p in the £.

Why are the wealthy fans of this club such Dicks? How did they become wealthy?

Clint Hill, Darren Ambrose, Shaun Derry and Nick Carle are gone. Speroni and Danns and possibly Clyne will soon follow just to pay wages as the Club is not generating any income from ST sales etc.

If things continue the way they are No one will get anything( A bitter sweet irony on AGILO). We wont have a Club (not in the League anyway).

If I was to look at it optimistically:

My thoughts are that CPFC 2010 are letting things ride because it is a way to "off load" high earners and pay wages in off season without using any investment money. how much were Derry, Ambrose, Hill and Carle on? We are losing players who we would like to keep but are they that irreplaceable? They will forever have my gratitude for their efforts in keeping us up. Maybe the way forward is to use our Academy with a few seasoned pros. Dougie (Player coach), Ertl, Butterfield (if still around) Alan Lee and a couple of others.
The wage bill would be slashed. The majority of the squad would be hungry and out to make names for themselves. We would have home grown talent to roar on.........just maybe things aren't as grim as they seemed when I started this..................

BBS Sponsored Links - Please login to hide

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have cursed the place everytime I've set foot there.

Looking at the AWFUL state CP are in I think they must be a cert to get relegated next season. So this time next year we could be...
.Awaiting a Play Off final/promoted
.A few months from our new ground
.And Crystal Palace could be in a lower league than us.
I can only dream about two of the above but either way it is rather good innit.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
See he forgets to notice the times they have been promoted to the top flight and that they've been in the top two divisions for an annoyingly long time. They've not had to kep their league status on the last day of the season after the ground was sold behind their backs. Sure there's much more but can't be bothered

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wasn't Romark the gypsy , told to move his caravan from the car park at SP because Ron Noades couldn't park his jag ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CPFC2010 need to get rid of the top dozen earners to survive over the summer as season ticket revenue for 2010/11 was already accounted for and spent before the club went into administration.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
CPFC2010 need to get rid of the top dozen earners to survive over the summer as season ticket revenue for 2010/11 was already accounted for and spent before the club went into administration.

It will make for an interesting summer watching the team fall apart at the seams.

Hope to see CPFC2010 take over a youth squad playing at the Valley or Priestfield next season :lolol::lolol::lolol:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
surprised the missed out a particular 18th of october (ohhh yesssss)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe this'll help jog his memory...

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBuST2C-418&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBuST2C-418&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here