Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who phoned zamora?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it possible to withhold the identity of a text sender?

If not, presumably it would be fairly easy for BT (or whoever) to "trace back" to said offenders!

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
This story's a load of old bollocks. No player allows their carreer to be dictated by the fans. Look at the abuse Sol Campbell got when he moved from Spurs to Arsenal and Alan Smith when he went from Leeds to Man Utd. Players take this with a pinch of salt. If they took fans feelings into account they probably wouldn't move anywhere.
It can work the opposite way as well. If Cullip had thought about us fans when the offer came in from Sheff Utd he would have stayed here seeing how greatly he was treated by us all. But he had to think what was best for himself.
This type of press story can cause a lot of talking points but ultimately can also do a lot of harm.

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
If this is true it is very very sad, the mans a legend for us whether he goes to Palce and scores a hatfull or not. Whoever it was needs to grow up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Complete rubbish.

For a start, where the HELL would we get £1m in the first place?

Plus, I doubt West Ham will hold out for that much.

Finally, there is no way a Brighton fan would be issuing him death threats. Why exactly would any of us?

"Oh, that fecking bastard, loads of goals for us, some absolutely sublime, back to back promotions, both as Champions. Grrrrr, I'd kill him if he came near our club again."

For Chri5t sake who could be that deranged? Oh hang on, FG, was it you?

:ohmy:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gritt23 said:
Complete rubbish.

Finally, there is no way a Brighton fan would be issuing him death threats. Why exactly would any of us?

"Oh, that fecking bastard, loads of goals for us, some absolutely sublime, back to back promotions, both as Champions. Grrrrr, I'd kill him if he came near our club again."

:jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gritt, I think you missed the piont of this one :dunce:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Gritt23 said:
Complete rubbish.

:lolol: That's certainly in the Packham MOM league

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Gritt23 said:
Complete rubbish.

So when's the name changing to Coppell23 or Dowie23?:shootself :dunce: :jester:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I heard it was because Jordan wouldn't pay agents fees as with Cisse and Cahill.

I'm sure this is far more likely though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Seagullible said:

Freudian slip from Gritt23 there - a traitor in our midst has been outed. It's no wonder we've been playing second fiddle to Palarse all these years when our number one website has been so heavily infiltrated by undercover scum. Anyways, I'm off to iron me blue and red underpants, oops I mean blue and white ones.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hands up, I never read the start of this properly, and just saw an opportunity to throw a dig at "FG", a favoured past time of mine.

Oh well, that'll do me for a while. I'll crawl back under my rock until I have time to read the posts properly first.

:dunce:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Seagullible said:

Incidentally that wouldn't really work in the same way. The "23" is relevant to Steve Gritt and the Great Escape season, when we were desperate to scrap ourselves up to 23rd in the bottom division. League standing-wise that was the summit of our hopes and dreams.

Worth remembering next time you are wandering away from the ground complaining about dropping slightly nearer the relegation zone 2 whole dividions higher.

If it wasn't for Steve Gritt and the successful fight for 23rd spot ........ well, we've been there before, I don't need to remind you all.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
The same article also stated that Cahill found a couple of Millwall "fans" waiting for him on his driveway one day when he was allegedly on the move to Palace as well...

The threats came from Palace fans not Brighton fans. Bobby used my taxi company a lot when he lived down here and he said himself he'd received death threats from Palace fans when he was first linked with the move before Christmas.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You'd have thought he would have changed his mobile number ..... and who would have had the original?

Miss Marple is needed

Lush

Mods' Pet
Man of Harveys said:
Does Lush have his mobile number? :ohmy:

Unfortunately not. :(

I suspect the truth is here - although I don't think the Palarse fans really want to believe it...

From the Indy

Dowie turns on Jordan as Palace fail at the sales

By Gordon Tynan

03 February 2005

Iain Dowie has questioned the ambition of the Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan and fears his squad is not strong enough to stay in the Premiership.

The Palace manager voiced his frustration after seeing their relegation rivals Southampton, West Bromwich Albion and Norwich City strengthen their squads during the January transfer window, while his own efforts to sign players proved fruitless.

Dowie missed out on Dean Ashton, Bobby Zamora, Nigel Reo-Coker and Marlon Harewood, with Jordan apparently reluctant to deal with certain agents and pay transfer fees in full and up front. Palace are four points above the relegation zone and secured a point at West Bromwich on Tuesday night with a last-gasp equaliser, but Dowie fears Jordan's lack of investment could cost the club their top-flight status.

"We haven't shown enough ambition," Dowie said. "That's the business we're in. Do I feel that we should have got some more bodies in? Yes, I do. I said before the window opened that getting a couple of players might prove the difference between us staying up and being relegated, and I stand by that.

"We're in the real world and we have to deal with agents - if you speak to every other manager, they will say the same. Every Premier League club, with the exception of one or two, have brought bodies in and we haven't. It's frustrating."

Dowie signed 12 players after winning promotion to the Premiership last season, but saw deals to bring midfielders Tim Cahill and Aliou Cissé to Selhurst Park fall through at the last minute after Jordan refused to pay fees to the players' respective agents, SFX and Willie McKay.

"We had the same situation with Cahill and Cissé, so I'm not surprised it's happened again," Dowie said. "We have to get on with it but, given where we have come from, we need some support. We have a playing squad who are totally committed and a staff who are totally committed - I can control that. But I can't control the other things.

"At Manchester City a few weeks ago, we had two youngsters, a couple of lads from Chesham and a boy from Luton - a lot of managers wouldn't be prepared to take that group on. But the boys we have here have shown that they want to play for Crystal Palace, and that is enough for me."....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here