Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your hero? Do you have one?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mandela
Tanni Grey-Thompson
John Sentamu, Archbishop of York, I am not at all religious but he represents most of what can be good about religion.
Several people who believed in me and inspired me at important times in my life, few if any on here would have heard of, to whom I will be eternally greatful.
:rolleyes:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What's wrong...you didn't expect to find your name on that list did you?
Just a strange collection of people Gully apart from Mandela. It's what i've come to expect from you, so really i shouldn't have been surprised.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just a strange collection of people Gully apart from Mandela. It's what i've come to expect from you, so really i shouldn't have been surprised.

Fair point, but I have always been drawn towards those who have overcome adversity or used their position or ability to selflessly help others.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Lennon
Hicks
Cobain
Poyet

Hmm, in afew years Lennon could be classed as a hero but as yet I can't think of anything he's done to justify being anyones hero. He's a great winger but until he performs on the big stage he cant be described as a hero.............unless you're talking about that overated freak who played in some band in the 60's??

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Winston Churchill:
Sir you're drunk - Madam you're ugly, but in the morning I'll be sober!

John Lennon:
There's nothing you can do that can't be done

Martin Luthor King:
I have a dream ...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
My vote goes for those brave boys and girls from our armed forces that defuse the IEDs in Afghanistan, day after day after day, knowing that most IEDs are booby trapped and snipers are often about waiting just for the EOD teams to arrive. True heroes.

Respect.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Eddie Charlton - the snooker player and pot black champion. Top fella as well and humble with it.

"Eddie was a senior grade footballer, a champion surfer, a good cricketer and a boxer. One of his proudest moments was when he carried the Olympic torch on part of its journey to the 1956 Games in Melbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here