Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your hero? Do you have one?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Someone asked me this and I couldn't give them a decent answer.
Plenty of people I admire but couldn't truly say anyone has heroic status for me. Except Reinelt of course.

What about you lot?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think a hero is best described as someone you might bump into and be suddenly and immediately awestruck by witnessing and nearing. Ok that doesn't apply to the dead as bumping into them, unless you believe in an afterlife and expect such a tryst, should be impossible or sick. But in the real world now if i found myself in the same record shop as Chuck D i would be dumbstruck and simply have no words for him. I'd be too terrified for him to hear my stupid words and doubt i'd be able to muster a servile bow other than in faint mode. And white 80s hiphop fans should never faint.
I strongly doubt i'd see an unguarded Aung San Suu Kyi in Rounders, but i reckon if i saw her i'd have to put my hands together and praise a fantasy god or two.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you condoning suicide! The man was always true to his word. And his request to fire his ashes out of a cannon was a great way to sign out.

Suicide worked for HST, and for his hero Hemingway :shrug:

For anybody who hasn't read it, I'd heartily recommend The Great Shark Hunt as the finest anthology of American journalism ever written.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
hugo-chavez.jpg

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Lt/Col Paddy Mayne, SAS founder member, 1941 to 1946, wasnt awarded a VC, because there was no Officer to witness his WW2 exploits, a great man, sadly killed in a car crash in the early 50s.

Then there is Steve Foster, Brighton Legend.

And my all time favourite JIMMY LANGLEY

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My best friend who sits at the Albion with me.

Anyone who has met him wouldn't realize half of what he's been through in his life, and how he's carried on.

At each setback those who know him say "if some one can deal with this kind of thing..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here