Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your FAVOURITE ever Brighton LOAN signing?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is the thread about the BEST or your FAVOURITE?

There are loads of loans I loved because they were RUBBISH and they added comical value to watching Brighton play in a terrible game of association soccer. People like McCammon or Joe Dolan for example

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I may be alone but I always thought Junior Lewis was rubbish.

In the words of Michael Jackson, You are not alone!

I thought he was crap...

There are a few excellent loan signings...

Robert Zamora
Steve Cotterill
Paul Moulden
Paul Dickov
Sergei Gotsmanov
Martin Keown
Ade Akinbiyi
Peter Ward
Paul McShane

Sidwell was good but he wasn't THAT good as when he was in the team, Zamora's goals dried up and when he left, Bobby started scoring again.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
From further back, Sergei Gotsmanov. What an exciting time.

Recent favourite would be McShane. Simply for that night at their place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gotsmanov, was he on loan or non contract.....ahh see clever:shootself:

I thought Ron, Ron, Ron Fearon was good.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Brian Deere .......goal machine

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Considering the complete BUNKUM suggested on other threads that loan signings should be avoided, how about a celebration of some of the FANTASTIC loan signings we have been treated to in years gone by...

For me, well Paul Dickov was probably my first favourite Brighton player as his short spell coincided with me starting going properly.

McShane, for being quality and THAT goal at Palace (which I am still convinced BOYCE nodded in - or whoever the defender was).

Sidwell, purely for being head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch at times.

Leon Knight, for showing there was life after Zamora.

However, my favourite ever has to be Ivar Ingimarsson. The guy just oozed class and looked ridiculously comfortable on the ball for a defensive player and read the game better than many before or since.

Can't let the bunkum comment go without a response... we have clearly made some extremely good loan signings, but there are many, many more that have been a complete waste of space... it is OBVIOUSLY prefereble to own a player than to loan one... their motivation will be better, since they are part of the club, for starters, then there is the selling value, and so on... the key advantage of loanees is that you MAY get a player in that you otherwise wouldn't have access to, but... the loan system should be used to cover injuries and suspensions, NOT to build a squad, IMHO, and that is not bunkum...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are a lot of good'uns already mentioned, but my initial reaction was Paul Dickov - for the way he would hold his arms out as if imitating a plane when he tried to make a run and beat the offside...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here