Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your FAVOURITE ever Brighton LOAN signing?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Considering the complete BUNKUM suggested on other threads that loan signings should be avoided, how about a celebration of some of the FANTASTIC loan signings we have been treated to in years gone by...

For me, well Paul Dickov was probably my first favourite Brighton player as his short spell coincided with me starting going properly.

McShane, for being quality and THAT goal at Palace (which I am still convinced BOYCE nodded in - or whoever the defender was).

Sidwell, purely for being head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch at times.

Leon Knight, for showing there was life after Zamora.

However, my favourite ever has to be Ivar Ingimarsson. The guy just oozed class and looked ridiculously comfortable on the ball for a defensive player and read the game better than many before or since.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has to be Martin Keown and Bobby Zamora for me. I also really liked the early Leon Knight

Edit, how could I forget the FANTASTIC Sergei Gotsmanov - he gets my vote as the best ever.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Has to be Bobby Z (he was on loan initially, wasn't he?)

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
McShane, for being quality and THAT goal at Palace (which I am still convinced BOYCE nodded in - or whoever the defender was).

Sidwell, purely for being head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch at times.

Two Great Players Maybe It's The Hair :lol:

But Can I Remind You Zamora Was On Loan To Us At First So He Gets My Vote, :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Steve Sidwell, The BEST player I have ever seen play for Brighton

Steve_Sidwell_808663.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
McShane, simply for his absolute passion for the cause. I always wait to see Hull's matches on MoTD to see if he played and whether he had a good game.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Steve Sidwell, The BEST player I have ever seen play for Brighton

Steve_Sidwell_808663.jpg

Just shows how far this club has slipped since the 80's when a player like Sidwell is the best so many fans have seen. I think he would have struggled to even get into the Albion team as a regular in the late 70's and early 80's, at the time he was here. He was nowhere near the player he is now when he played for us but he was the best on the pitch by some margin.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Keown, Sidwell, McShane, and Zamora certainly come to mind and would be difficult to choose between.
If my arm was twisted I would plump for Keown, It was terrible at the time thinking he would be going back to Arsenal!! EVEN if we could have afforded him I don't think Arsenal would have let him go.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Keown, Sidwell, McShane, and Zamora certainly come to mind and would be difficult to choose between.
If my arm was twisted I would plump for Keown, It was terrible at the time thinking he would be going back to Arsenal!! EVEN if we could have afforded him I don't think Arsenal would have let him go.

I seem to remember we could have bought him but chose not to/couldn't afford the 100k odd. Remember he was not that highly rated at Arsenal at the time and went to Everton before being re-signed by Arsenal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here