Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
How much longer on his contract?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Another year I think after this one but I am not sure.

We took over the contract he has with AC Milan when they signed Matthew Wicks from us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Loan him out again ASAP

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
or how bout we give him a fair go?
far to many people on here jump on the band wagon when you have never seen him play.
he was not the worst player on the field yesterday like some people say chippy ,zesh, el abd were worse

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
kinkygerbil said:
far to many people on here jump on the band wagon when you have never seen him play.
he was not the worst player on the field yesterday like some people say chippy ,zesh, el abd were worse

Chippy is good with someone good like Rodger or Yeates alongside him.

El Abd is young and will learn from his one mistake.

I agree Rehman is wank.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:

Errrm, he was quite clearly the worst player on the pitch.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lee put in the graft for the reserves and got his chance fair and square, as I said elsewhere well done to McGhee for spotting that and giving him a chance, I saw him a few weeks ago for the reserves and he looked better than some first teamers.

OK, cant comment on the 7 minutes I saw him play for yesterday, but it was an ideal game to give him a go, or get him in the shop window for the New Year, a bottom half 3rd div or conference team are more likely to give him a trial if he has the odd recent first team game under his belt and is in contention for a place, rather than festering in the reserves.

Fatboy is right, about El-Abd but McGhee must make a decision about this position as we were all saying the same about Hinshelwood after the Brentford game, my view would be to bring him back.

The big question is why has Rehman suddenly gone wank, its got to be sorted out as its a drain on very precious loan player funds.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Desert Orchid said:
Ever wondered why Taylor, Hinshelwood and Coppell all decided not to start Lee in a first-team match? Because he's consistently rubbish in the reserves and found his level at Thurrock.

what like they didnt play piercy and he has shown he is good enough. if lee had made the same mistake as adam he would be slaughtered. lee is not a winger he is a central midfielder and he rip us to bits twice while playing for southend

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
what like they didnt play piercy and he has shown he is good enough. if lee had made the same mistake as adam he would be slaughtered. lee is not a winger he is a central midfielder and he rip us to bits twice while playing for southend

Oi! There is no place for reasoned argument on here.....

I'd say Lee did better this weekend than Piercy did on his earlier outings in the first team..... his control was good, he was looking to play good ball and covering back to support El-Abd hen needed to. I don't think Hart added much when he came on unless you think running with your head down towards the corner flag and falling over a lot is the thing that wingers should do - at least Hart played with a bit more effort than recently, I suppose.

How anybody can say they never want to see him in a Brighton shirt again when he was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch I don't know..... Give the fella a chance. (Little chance of that on here, unfortunately)

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Simple as this:Lee is a mediocre to poor reserve player.Piercy was a spurs reserve captain and has been playing well and trying hard in our reserves.Deservedly he got his chance.Lee had his chance,had it again,and he still fails to get in the team!There has to be a reason for this and it's probably because Lee just can't cut it.Shame really cos i heard he was very useful when he was a lot younger.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
He's brilliant on Fifa 2004 if that helps!?!:glare:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dunkstar said:
Simple as this:Lee is a mediocre to poor reserve player.Piercy was a spurs reserve captain and has been playing well and trying hard in our reserves.Deservedly he got his chance.Lee had his chance,had it again,and he still fails to get in the team!There has to be a reason for this and it's probably because Lee just can't cut it.Shame really cos i heard he was very useful when he was a lot younger.

shows how much some people know lee was also spurs reserve captain and also like piercy played for the first team

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Dunkstar said:
Lee is a mediocre to poor reserve player.

He looked alot better than medicore when I've seen him in the reserves.

Dunkstar said:
Lee had his chance,had it again,and he still fails to get in the team!

What chances are these he keeps getting?? He made his full debut at QPR at the weekend.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
lee will never be able to do anytthing right in some peoples eyes
oatway is shit but he is seen as a good player on here, why i dont know

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't think Lee was "the reserve captain" at Spurs like Piercy was. But then again a specific reserve captain is someone viewed as nowhere near the first team?

I don't actually think Lee is that bad, yet I also don't think he is anywhere the standard of player we need for Div1/2.

Hull obviously agreed as they wanted to get rid of him and they were in Divison 3. Even our manager that signed him wouldn't play him. Nor have any other manager, and Bristol Rovers weren't interested in extending his loan spell.

I think he is one of these utility players that is disadvantaged as he doesn't have a set position....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here