Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous player or ex player to grace Withdean....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Where did I say you know nothing?
I can't be bothered with this.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I remember Ravanelli walking out on to the Withdean pitch - he probably thought it was a separate ground for the warm up given where he's played !
Most famous or infamous player or ex player really probably depends on who you support. Given that he's played for England AND got a European Cup winners medal it's probably Sheringham

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The white feather.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Neville Southall MBE - 578 league appearances for Everton and won two championships, two FA Cups and a European Cup Winners Cup + 92 caps for Wales

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
And I'm not even going to ATTEMPT to spell the name of his slightly less legendary South Korean team-mate at Wolves who played in a World Cup semi-final :dunce:

Seol Ki-Hyeon
Coppell also played in the World cup although it wasn't in the semi final as England haven't got that far since 66.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Would pick Sheringham over Coppell. He's played at the highest level for much much longer. And he STILL gets the fittest birds (OK, maybe that one is a bit of a non-argument...)

Someone will play at the highest level for longer when they don't have a career ending injury but Sheringham hasn't shown that he can cut it as a manager yet. Much as we hate to admit it, Coppell did well with Palace and then took Reading to the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here