Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
tinx said:
I Razorlight have released what in my opinion is album of the year already
The Zutons brought out a pretty good and varied album
The Bees are a good bet for the retro crowd.
Keane are doing the epic ballad thing better than most before them.
Franz Ferdinand are really kicking it at the moment
Snow Patrol for your melodic indie pop.

to name but a few.

I'm an avid Indie Fan but just cannot get into any new bands at the mo.

I have albums-
razorlight
snow patrol
keane
franz ferdinand

Franz ferdinand are overrated IMHO ,they played all the festivals this summer along with snow patrol so got mass publicity.

nothing really impresses me about them , a few good songs, I just think there the best of an average bunch therefore people liking them.

Now where did I put my shawaddywaddy LP ?........

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You should check out the producers she worked with. She chose well and is working with people that made songs for Madonna, Britney and Destinys Child to name but a few.

and?

their all shit!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But they are big name producers for a singer that hadn't released anything previously. don't you like Natasha Bedingfield then, Popkins?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
At 36 I feel ancient. Nothing has grabbed me by the throat and dragged my wallet into a record shop for two years or so, the last new album I brought was McAlmont and Butler. This comming from someone who used to look foward to payday, just to see what was new, or wander in and ask what was playing as I was walking around.

I had to vote in the over rated section.

Oh! Please do not get me started on the Scissor Sisters. What they did to Comfortably Numb was unforgiveable!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
. don't you like Natasha Bedingfield then, Popkins?

Who?

I love are heated debates chappers over music;)
we are defo chalk and cheese.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
She released 'Single' and her new song is called 'These words' Both very well written think. Much better than her brother.

We only have heated debates over music because you know nothing and I am the best.

:jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dover said:
At 36 I feel ancient. Nothing has grabbed me by the throat and dragged my wallet into a record shop for two years or so, the last new album I brought was McAlmont and Butler. This comming from someone who used to look foward to payday, just to see what was new, or wander in and ask what was playing as I was walking around.

I had to vote in the over rated section.

Oh! Please do not get me started on the Scissor Sisters. What they did to Comfortably Numb was unforgiveable!

http://www.samandme.com/downloads.htm

What kind of stuff do you normally listen to, Dover?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
this last record by the streets is the 1st half decent thing they have done. the libertines are great but i do think they are slightly overrated.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Soton Seagull said:
The Streets seem to have an element of the Emperors New Clothes about them (although in this case you have to not see the Chav wear!), if you don't like them somehow you no nothing about music. 'It poetry man'. Nope, poetry generally doesn't attempt to claim to be cutting edge music. Send the Chav bloke to speakers corner if he has that much to say!

Couldn't agree more. They are rubbish.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
British music is in a great state if you look further then top of the pops and saturday morning tv.

The Ordinary Boys, razorlight, franz ferdinand, the zutons, kasabian and many others have burst on to the scene and are sustaining it well.

The Streets are superb and dance music is strong at the moment.

PS what the scissor sisters did to comfortably numb, they did with the help of a certain Norman Cook.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here