• Carl Cox

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Norman Cook

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Ok i had an argument with a mate about this. Who is the better DJ; is it Norman Cook or is it Carl Cox?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
His 3 turntable mixing skills set him apart from most of the rest! However Norman is a local legend.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It depends on how you're measuring it.

Technically Cox is far better but in terms of working a crowd I'd give it to Norman.

Cox isn't very adventurous whereas Cook can throw pretty much anything into the mix.

Personally I'm not particularly into Carl Cox's music so I'd vote for Norman Cook but I accept that Cox is more skilled with the apparatus

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aside from the basic skills of mixing I dont think you can really compare the two. They are very different. Technically Cox, party wise Norm in his heyday.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Aside from the basic skills of mixing I dont think you can really compare the two. They are very different. Technically Cox, party wise Norm in his heyday.

Yeah i know you can't really compare since their musical ideas are completely different. But it's nice to know who people prefer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as good and eclectic as Norman is, Cox is the daddy at mixing. Norman is probably a more adventurous producer.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Seeing as he only lived round the corner Cox is my local legend.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a bit like comparing football and rugby.
I'd say cox hands down, purely for being a pioneer of the scene and to still be pulling in the crowds now, wherever he plays in the world.
Plus, Intec pisses all over Southern Fried.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
as good and eclectic as Norman is, Cox is the daddy at mixing. Norman is probably a more adventurous producer.

Whilst we're on the subject of local DJs I went to Dance Dance Death on Saturday at New Hero....well I tried to but it appears the night has been pulled after only a couple of months. What went wrong there? Is the Friday electro night still on?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
what radio station are they on ?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
what the f***??

cook is one of the worst commercial dj's going, reasonable producer, nowt more

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
then i presume you prefer Carl Cox:lolol:

mate, you haven't a clue, your question is no different to asking "who's the best band, west life or the beatles?"

i'm assuming your knowledge of dance music is somewhat limited

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
mate, you haven't a clue, your question is no different to asking "who's the best band, west life or the beatles?"

i'm assuming your knowledge of dance music is somewhat limited

You don't have to start saying I haven't a clue, i am just asking who YOU think is the better DJ. Many people think westlife is better than the beatles. I think Carl Cox is better so no need to have a go at me about it. I am simply asking a question.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
You don't have to start saying I haven't a clue, i am just asking who YOU think is the better DJ. Many people think westlife is better than the beatles. I think Carl Cox is better so no need to have a go at me about it. I am simply asking a question.

sorry chap, but it's just a ridiculous question.

I listen to techno, so by default I would have to say Cox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here