Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dean Wilkins I think:

'Do somthing magic Wilkins.....disappear'

or possibly Crumplin before he became really 'good'

Last edited:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Charlie Livesey, when he kicked off the first match I ever saw (v Torquay in '67) and I think I have managed to slag off every other Brighton player I have ever seen. Particularly the good ones...........

I have always thought it must do wonders for them to have someone abusing them from the sidelines and it seems to have worked.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lammie Robertson; toothless and useless as I recall. Also I think he replaced Irvine or Beamish both of whom I liked which fuelled my negative feelings towards him.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Darron Wilkinson

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
from what i can remember ! Teddy Maybank

Ditto me, rather noisily on the North Stand. At which point somebody rather bigger than me (not difficult) standing nearby claimed to be his brother and advised me to shut up or he'd belt me one!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The earliest i can remember is Richard Tiltman although I am sure there must have been someone before that.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I never slag off a Brighton player, but some have irritated me from time to time...the first one to achieve that was Les Berry, a bloke with a handlebar moustache that we signed from Charlton...come to think of it, it might have been when Mike Bailey was manager, which might have had something to do with it. He (Berry not Bailey) was supposed to be a left back but never tackled, he just did an impression of a crab trying to avoid going anywhere near the ball or player.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
There was something about Teddy Maybank that strained the patience-mainly the fact that moves so often broke down around him as he chested tyhe ball off...to nobody! I try to avoid sl;gging off our own players, but it was really hard not to in his case.

One wag claimed that Maybank played in roller skates, which would actually have explained his odd running style-anyone from that era remember this?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I remember going away to Millwall at the Old Den in 1985 and winning 1-0.Ferguson got the goal and the locals went mad with rage and we were not let out of the ground for over an hour.
But you were right,he was SHIT!

:lol:
A great day out ....in terms of hassle only bettered by the Battle of the Den in 1976

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I remember going away to Millwall at the Old Den in 1985 and winning 1-0.Ferguson got the goal and the locals went mad with rage and we were not let out of the ground for over an hour.
But you were right,he was SHIT!

I remember that game. Me and some mates took the decision not to go in the Brighton end because we thought we'd be safer elsewhere. Made it VERY difficult when Ferguson scored. This may be a bit unfair but its about the only good thing I can remember him doing.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it was Alun Duffy after he decided to take a penalty that should have been taken by somedody else, he just ran up and smacked it against the bar.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
mine is quite late in comparison - Robbie "Row Z" Pethick ...

before then i was either

* not allowed to go so found it hard to judge from the radio commentary
* enjoying just watching the Albion to really care who was having a 'mare!

but he was the first to REALLY infuriate me , but even he looked more composed and willing then Richards EVER has...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here