Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who is going to win the champions league final

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Maybe but I'm not surrounded by plastic Barca fans everywhere I go & Barca didn't beat us in the 83 cup final.

I Agree that they are plastic and if your holding a grudge that they beat us in 83 then well thats pretty sad seen as it was 26 years ago...:glare:
But, I dont understand how someone english can want a spainish team to win.???

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I Agree that they are plastic and if your holding a grudge that they beat us in 83 then well thats pretty sad seen as it was 26 years ago...:glare:
But, I dont understand how someone english can want a spainish team to win.???

I don't class them as English. they sing anti english songs at their games including some horrific ones celebrating the deaths of British soldiers in The Falklands - something to do with "Simon Western and his pals".

If that wasn't enough they also have the winker in the team, how could any Englishman want any team that had him in it to win?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I don't class them as English. they sing anti english songs at their games including some horrific ones celebrating the deaths of British soldiers in The Falklands - something to do with "Simon Western and his pals".

If that wasn't enough they also have the winker in the team, how could any Englishman want any team that had him in it to win?

I'm not going to argue with you, Sure I Agree with everything you say, but Man Ure have a nucleus of English players who will benefit from winning it.:thumbsup:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well Man Ure normally get ripped for how much they spend to its a good comparison.

I haven't got a problem in them spending the money. Every club that has ever won the premiership has in effect bought it (arguably Arsenal fall out of that category). What I object to is fans from other clubs having a go at the likes of Chelsea for trying to buy the title when they have all done it themselves in the past. Hypocritical or what.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really really hope Man Utd thrash them out of sight.

COME ON YOU REDS

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thats got nothing to do with it, Barcelona= Spanish/Catalonian Man Ure= English :glare:

The word is Catalan, not Catalonian.

Also worth noting that Catalunya shares a patron saint with England, as can be seen by the cross of St. George/Sant Jordi on Barca's badge.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reasons I want Utd to win it.

1. They represent England
2. It will mightely piss-off Michel "I hate everything English" Platini
3. Everyone at ITV and Sky, might just stop creaming their f***ing knickers everytime anyone utters the word Barcelona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here