Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, don’t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why don’t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He said ‘it’s a bit of a minefield’ picking his team, that does not easily translate into someone that really knows what he is doing.

(my attitude towards GP is not particularly negative btw I think yours is a little overly defensive though)
Yeah, because it is. When you play 12 games in 40 days with an injury plagued squad, it is a bit of a minefield in the sense that you have to be very careful with your selection, while also maintaining a certain standard, or you'll inevitably will get more players injured.

I don't think it is particularly difficult to understand.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Forget potter, son !!!

All about de zerbi. Potter is old news.

Fast exciting football. No droning on before and after the game. And a belief that we can genuinely beat anyone.
Nope, no plans to.

De Zerbi is great.

Thought the team was exciting before as well and that the boys could beat anyone (well ok maybe not City), so no change there.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, because it is. When you play 12 games in 40 days with an injury plagued squad, it is a bit of a minefield in the sense that you have to be very careful with your selection, while also maintaining a certain standard, or you'll inevitably will get more players injured.

I don't think it is particularly difficult to understand.
Well we’re not all top frigging PL coaches like you are obviously 😂

GP was having difficulty picking his team the day he took over - less to do with injury and fatigue and more to do with the fact Boehly went on a £273m spending spree in the summer without thinking how it would all fit together.

PS don’t be so patronising

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well we’re not all top frigging PL coaches like you are obviously 😂

GP was having difficulty picking his team the day he took over - less to do with injury and fatigue and more to do with the fact Boehly went on a £273m spending spree in the summer without thinking how it would all fit together.

PS don’t be so patronising
Difficulty and difficulty, they went 9 games in a row without a loss before they had several key players injured.

I agree their squad is not wisely assembled but with 12 games in 40 days and multiple injuries, yes it is difficult and wonky to pick a team that is both competitive and not collecting a bunch of muscular injuries.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Did he say they suffered?
No, in fairness to GP, he was very circumspect as usual - did say they did well against a top team and created some chances (which makes me wonder if he thinks he’s still at Brighton!)

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Difficulty and difficulty, they went 9 games in a row without a loss before they had several key players injured.

I agree their squad is not wisely assembled but with 12 games in 40 days and multiple injuries, yes it is difficult and wonky to pick a team that is both competitive and not collecting a bunch of muscular injuries.
Yes, it’s harder for the big 6 playing international competitions at the moment but they have bench/substitute players of the sort we‘d be lucky to have in the first XI - Brighton, and apologies since this has been said ad nauseam for the past few months, just since the summer, is down our star midfielder (Biss), our star left back/ player of the season,(Cucu), our Sports director, our Coach, the entire backroom staff, a very promising and important midfielder (Mwepu) and a key forward (Maupay). We’ve also had our crosses to bear but still managed to smash Chelsea and beat Arsenal tonight - please dont tell me Chelsea doesnt have the players in their full squad or under 21s to match our young lads playing PL football in their first season? At least enough that the coach doesn’t feel like he has to announce that he finds it a minefield to pick the team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, it’s harder for the big 6 playing international competitions at the moment but they have bench/substitute players of the sort we‘d be lucky to have in the first XI - Brighton, and apologies since this has been said ad nauseam for the past few months, just since the summer, is down our star midfielder (Biss), our star left back/ player of the season,(Cucu), our Sports director, our Coach, the entire backroom staff, a very promising and important midfielder (Mwepu) and a key forward (Maupay). We’ve also had our crosses to bear but still managed to smash Chelsea and beat Arsenal tonight - please dont tell me Chelsea doesnt have the players in their full squad or under 21s to match our young lads playing PL football in their first season? At least enough that the coach doesn’t feel like he has to announce that he finds it a minefield to pick the team.
Over a season they do, over the busiest month of the season - the busiest month of any season, I think - they'll struggle, which is what has happened. City could deal with it, they have 25 good PL players, anyone else will struggle. Liverpool and Tottenham, the other two clubs that have played a similar amount of high-level games, are also on their knees just like Chelsea.

If Brighton are lucky - because it does require some luck - and the best 14-15 players remain fit for virtually the entire season, the team could compete for a Champions League spot. We saw it in the spring and we see it now - it is not fluke. Of course several teams, including Chelsea, have stronger squads in general, and in the end it is likely Brighton ends up somewhere between 8-11, but if Sanchez, Pervis, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Lamptey, March, Caicedo, Ali Mac, Lallana, Gross, Mitoma, Trossard and Welbeck all remain fit for the entire season - however unlikely this is - the team could compete with nearly every team in the league. That is the reality of it. Several players in this Brighton side would walk straight into the teams of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Over a season they do, over the busiest month of the season - the busiest month of any season, I think - they'll struggle, which is what has happened. City could deal with it, they have 25 good PL players, anyone else will struggle. Liverpool and Tottenham, the other two clubs that have played a similar amount of high-level games, are also on their knees just like Chelsea.

If Brighton are lucky - because it does require some luck - and the best 14-15 players remain fit for virtually the entire season, the team could compete for a Champions League spot. We saw it in the spring and we see it now - it is not fluke. Of course several teams, including Chelsea, have stronger squads in general, and in the end it is likely Brighton ends up somewhere between 8-11, but if Sanchez, Pervis, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Lamptey, March, Caicedo, Ali Mac, Lallana, Gross, Mitoma, Trossard and Welbeck all remain fit for the entire season - however unlikely this is - the team could compete with nearly every team in the league. That is the reality of it. Several players in this Brighton side would walk straight into the teams of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.
Caicedo
Trossard
Possibly Mac Allister

Then take your pick for the Spurs defence. Their fans appear to detest:
Sanchez
Reguilon
Dier
Davies
Sessegnon
Emerson Royal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An endless supply of posts about him on his previous club's fan website?
Sorry but you really are going to have to let this one go.
You know full well NSC, still the home of 'but Poyet...', isn't giving this one up in calmer times.

The fact it's an absolute clusterf**k up there and rosey here means GPott's never going to leave us

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stoolball league in eastbourne was too rough for me! Virtually every week there would be aggro about blokes bowling too fast at the women players. The irony being that many of the women players were Chelsea college PE students smashing it all over the shop.

My Saturday league cricket seemed tame compared to what was meant to be my midweek social game!
I had this pleasure too.... playing with the PE students for the mighty Sussex Red Sox - home matches in Gildredge Park....

The Michael Bolton lookalike (from Herstmonceux or somewhere?) was stoolball's Jeff Thomson...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here