Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is going to Olympic Park at some point for some event or other?

Are you going to the Olympic park

• Yes, got tix for Olympic event(s) based in the park

Votes: 70 68.6%
  • Yes, but only for the Paralympics. Couldn't get/didn't want tix for the Olympic Games

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Yes, but not for the any of the games

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, can't be arsed.

Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Here are the sporting venues in the Olympic Park:

BMX Track
Velodrome
Basketball Arena
Riverbank Arena
Copper Box
Water Polo Arena
Aquatics Centre
Olympic Stadium

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Yes, starting from tomorrow.

Basketball tomorrow afternoon.

Then handball on 2/8

Look forward to tomorrow, could be immense....

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yup. Will be there for some Hockey Sunday evening, then Diving on Tuesday. Cannot wait.

Missed out on the Orbit though - wasn't fussed at all when it was unveiled (and the tickets released) but now I quite fancy it...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, Handball in the Copper Box tomorrow.

I'm jolly well excited about the whole thing.
My handball tix see me visit the basketball area, as the final rounds move away from the copper box. I am also delighted to be able to inform you that I also have track and field tickets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Missed out on the Orbit though - wasn't fussed at all when it was unveiled (and the tickets released) but now I quite fancy it...
I think I'm going to wish I could go into the Orbit when I get there. But £60 to take a family four up a piece of scaffolding doesn't seem like shrewd financial sense, and I'm not sure it's one of those "must do" things really.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not during the Games. Have been already though, for work. The whole Park is very impressive.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I'm going to wish I could go into the Orbit when I get there. But £60 to take a family four up a piece of scaffolding doesn't seem like shrewd financial sense, and I'm not sure it's one of those "must do" things really.

Seems better value than my £60 handball ticket for a 2 year old, I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm interested to see the (non-McD) catering options.

I got very excited when I read about a champagne bar this morning. I expect that will be extremely good value.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Yep, visiting Riverbank Arena for the Women's hockey next Saturday, also got tickets for the Paralymics on Sept. 1st in the Olympic Stadium itself.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

I'm sure I would completely agree if I had a family that I would need to pay for, so I completely understand!

I don't mean to imply in anyway that you're "unlucky" to have kids, but in this one instance I consider myself 'lucky' that I can just pay for myself to enjoy the Olympics.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Archery on Sunday is my first event and am finishing with the Closing Ceremony - should be a fab 2 weeks!!! :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seems better value than my £60 handball ticket for a 2 year old, I think.

Yes, perhaps not the best use of money.

I'm interested to see the (non-McD) catering options.

I got very excited when I read about a champagne bar this morning. I expect that will be extremely good value.

:lolol: Almost certainly. But don't worry if you can't afford it there and then, you could always put it on your Mastercard or Amex card or whatever.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stadium on 7th morning, Taekwondo 11th morning and Wembley afternoon and paralympic swiming and olympic park in september. Looking forward to wheelchair rugby and goalball (where they flay football with blindfolds on).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here