Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is a certain pick when fit?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Not disagreeing with you, but what's your thinking about Mooy being in front of Propper and Trossard only in the 18?
You only put Trossard in your 16! (and remember, you said if available). Certainly wasn't in your 6. For me, he'd be in my
TWO... and not in place of Dunk either.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan, Dunk, Webster, Burn and Montoya in the systems we’re playing at the moment.

In fact I’m going to add Alzate to that list now aswell. His skill set is crucial to the way we’re playing and his flexibility and intelligence position wise also make him undroppable now for me.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
. I also think Trossard could be a nailed on starter when fit but after that Spurs performance that would be unfair to any of those who all played so well.

Also unfair to imply Trossard wouldn't have played so well. Not picking him would be adding insult to injury (literally!)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan, Dunk, Stephens, maybe Webster & Maupay.

I dont think Gross is a 100% if Connolly continues to produce and Trossard is back.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't disagree at all. Bissouma has done nothing on the pitch to suggest he deserves to start at present. Glimpses of potential, nothing more. But it seems Potter is trying to get him minutes, which suggests he's training well.

As I wrote on another thread, that chap next to me said during the Spurs match, that Bissouma was just ambling along with little interest and so I deliberately watched him for the relatively short time has was on the pitch. His lack of effort was a disgrace.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ryan is our best keeper by a big distance, Dunk is our best centreback but that gap is closing with every game Webster plays and Burn is looking better & better. Trossard, Webster & Maupay have been expensive buys by Potter so I'd imagine they will get plenty of game time this season. I'm also interested in who we will bring in during the January transfer window as we lack competition in certain positions.

I think Ryan, Dunk, Webster, Montoya, Stephens, Trossard & Maupay will start most games unless bans or injuries restrict

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Feel like March and Propper have been overlooked in this thread due to current injury. They were 100% starters until a few weeks ago. Certain picks for me:

Ryan
Dunk, Webster, Montoya, March
Stephens, Propper

Forwards seem to be rotated more often, perhaps to keep opponents guessing or for tactical reasons. And through sheer competition in the attacking midfield role.

Conolley despite recent performance is young and very high work rate so seems likely to be rotated as part of his development. Can be a high impact sub if needed if only to avoid the risk of burn out.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If it were me;

Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Webster, Stephens, Propper, Gross, Trossard

I think Burn and March are overrated, and I'm not blown away by Maupay. I think you don't want to have more than 8 players guaranteed a spot - you want that competition for places and the option to change formations as required. I'm enjoying watching the Albion again, which is all I really expect from the team.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Am I right in saying that Bissouma has come off the bench in both games he's been fit for? If so I'm guessing Potter sees something in him.

Locadia was starting at the start of the season.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If it were me;

Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Webster, Stephens, Propper, Gross, Trossard

I think Burn and March are overrated, and I'm not blown away by Maupay. I think you don't want to have more than 8 players guaranteed a spot - you want that competition for places and the option to change formations as required. I'm enjoying watching the Albion again, which is all I really expect from the team.

Disagree with Propper for me. Think If him and Mooy played at their best Mooy would make a bigger impact particularly going forward. Tidy player all the same.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
On current form Ryan (No competition), Dunk, Webster, Montoya and Stephens who has exceeded all expectations this season.

When fit Trossard, in previous seasons you would add Propper but midfield competition is stiff this season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ryan is our best keeper by a big distance, Dunk is our best centreback but that gap is closing with every game Webster plays and Burn is looking better & better. Trossard, Webster & Maupay have been expensive buys by Potter so I'd imagine they will get plenty of gabring in during the January transfer windowme time this season. I'm also interested in who we will as we lack competition in certain positions.

I think Ryan, Dunk, Webster, Montoya, Stephens, Trossard & Maupay will start most games unless bans or injuries restrict

rb/rwb, poss gk (walton?), but shirley no big spend in jan, i would have thought :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No one SHOULD assume they will always be on the team sheet but based on what we have seen this season then Dunk, Stephens, Burn , Connolly , Ryan would be ones I would choose.

Dunk is the soul of this club

Ryan was not that good but last 2 games he looked excellent.

Stephens looks a better player without Propper

Burn because of his energy, strength , crossing and ability to fill a number of roles

Connolly because he's just got it and the more we play him the more we will benefit. He really looks like he will be a star.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just Ryan, Dunk and Stephens for me everyone else has a perfectly good alternative in the squad. Trossard likely to join this list real soon

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I do not think Webster or Burn have done sufficient to warrant automatic selection thy have both had good moments but not enough of them to warrant automatic.

Webster was shocking for the first twenty minutes against Spurs. Kept giving the ball away

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Also unfair to imply Trossard wouldn't have played so well. Not picking him would be adding insult to injury (literally!)

As i said Trossard could be a nailed on cert but right now even when fit he isnt as others have played well. I dont see this as insult at all. I really rate him from what i have seen. But right now as i said the certs for me are Dunk and Ryan. In my opinion at the moment they are the only 2 that i feel the fringe players in them positions are not as good as them. Maybe a fit Izquierdo may get the nod over Trossard from time to time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here