Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who hopes Reading lose tomorrow ?

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Gareth Glover said:
Call me a bitter and sad man if you want but I really hope Reading lose tomorrow and ideally get relegated although that is unlikely. I hope Coppell fails with all my heart.

I can't remember feeling so angry about something since the bellotti/archer days.

He has zero, absolute zero respect from me. A man of integrity and honour don't make me laugh.

I have far more regard for Peter Taylor and the way he left than Coppell. In fact of the 4 managers we have lost because of the restriction of not having a stadium he is bottom of the pile by a country mile.

He signed a 1 year contract after dithering in Thailand for 6 weeks even though Dick Knight offered him a long term contract and then 3 months down the line when we are top of the league he sods off to the first half decent opportunity that comes his way. He cites the stadium but knew the score and the timescales when he signed the contract. It is just an excuse he can use for letting down Dick Knight , the players and the fans.

Dick Knight has been knifed in the back again but the dithering and the way Coppell handled it all was appaling. I hope we meet Reading in the next year and I will make my feelings known.

Anyway what did he do for us, he took us down to division 2 and left the job when he had done 25% of the task leaving the team , fans and club unsettled again.

Yeah I really hope he fails.

WE are playing on Tue against Gills....home

Some players on england under 21 duties...no game Sat

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sully said:
Murphy's law says the FA Cup Third Round draw will result in:

Brighton & Hove Albion v Reading.

Bring it on!!!!! :clap2:

The score

kitson.jpg

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
Wouldn't a repeat of that score be fantastic.

I too hope Reading lose every game and get relegated at the end of the season and we can wave at Mr Copout on our way back to Division one.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Coppell has left us in a better state than when he joined us. I feel he did a good job for us.

I, no doubt like many others on NSC, have been head-hunted in the past, and have taken up the offer and moved on. That's all about career progression, and self-improvement. Nothing wrong with wanting what is best for yourself and family.

However, there is a way of doing things. Given the well documented delay in signing his contract, and now leaving us so early into the season I cannot feel that SC has been reasonable to all things Albion.

Remember, he was not exactly beating away managerial offers between leaving Brentford and joining us.

I can't help but feel that he has used BHA to get his career back on track. I don't blame him for that, he has to look after no.1, but he should of repayed the 'favour'. That would have been achieved had he kept us up. He came very close, I applaud him for that. But he still didn't achieve it. Therefore, I feel leading us back to div. 1 would have been a fair repayment before leaving us. I know he leaves us top of the division, but there is a long long way to go yet.

If he wanted to just use us to get back in the market, he should have done the same as Taylor, and left us at the end of last season.

All in all I respect SC as a football manager. I no longer respect him, however, as a man.

The above is an adult view of my feelings. As a passionate Albion fan, I hope that Reading lose their next 8 games, and plummet down the league. I hope they get relegated, and Coppell gets the sack.

Harsh? Probably
Fickle? Definately
But you are either with us, or against us. coppell is now against us. I wish him all the failure football can bring!

Last edited:

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
I too hope reading and coppell fail badly. It made my skin crawl watching him on south today yesterday, saying how he was going to miss us. Like said above, if coppell wanted something better, he shouldn't of signed a contract in the summer and waited for a job.
I feel totally let down and used by coppell and feel nothing but anger for him.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i have no respect for coppell! and ive always hated reading and hate them more now! i hope they have a shit season! and we go up and destroy them next season, like we did at the madjeski last season!:salute:

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Call me a bitter and sad man if you want

You, sir, are a bitter and sad man.......

All this 'I hate this' and 'I hate that' isn't good for people. You need to be happy with your lot and not envious of what other people have or else you will be constantly pi$$ed off with everything which is bad, whatever way you look at it. Is it worth using your energies in such a negative manner??

What does it all matter anyhow?? We still have a Club to follow/support/love. We will be there tomorrow, in body or sprirt. Be pleased with what we've got.

Sep 18, 2003
I love Reading, and really, really hope they do well. There is not a better team in Reading than Reading. The people on the south coast realy wish the URRRRRRRRRRR's all the best. Most people are leaving the minow that is BHA for Slough's industrial estate - they have a very attractice B&Q which is the envy of Madrid.

Come on u RRRRRRRRs Yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I don't share quite, the same venom as you Gareth, but although I never cared much before whether reading won or lost (although 'lost' did look a bit better now I think about it) - I now would much prefer to see them lose.

There is something intrinsic about absolute honesty and humility that deserves so much more than arrogance (like calling your stadium after you) or greed for money or success despite all previous honourable agreements.

I would love to have it be proved that this 'cloud' has a silver lining, and that Brighton and Dick Knight's genuine benevolence and fairness gets repaid in karmic kind.
Perhaps Coppell held talismanic powers ONLY because he had Brightonian blessings.

Release the cracken

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sorry, have grown to like Royal and the others over the past few weeks but I hope you get gubbed !
Me Narrow minded? Never !

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
YOU !!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bobby's Gull said:
I really, really, really hate Reading at the moment as much as i hate the sarf london scum. But i still have respect for Coppell - he nearly kept us in the first div against all the odds.

I'd go along with those sentiments. Loyalty is clearly a thing of the past in football. How long now before Coppelll comes sniffing round Leon Knight, Danny Cullip and Jake Robinson? It won't be too long I'm sure....

Hopefully, regardless of what Reading offer, we tell them to piss off in no uncertain terms. Bitter? You bet.

:glare: :glare: :angry:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reading to lose at home to Gillingham, bring it on !.

Any decent prices on the Gills as I may have a bet. Come on Mr Hessentaller's boys !.

Coppell :salute:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
GG, surely for emotional compensation you don't bet on Gills to win. Otherwise if Reading win, you're pissed off, and you've lost money. Bet on Reading to win or draw, and then if we do, you get cash, and if we don't, you're happy!

Up the R's.

(you 'eard right)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will take the chance of a double celebration of Reading losing and me winning money as well. UP THE GILLS !.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here