Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who hasn't been to the AMEX yet?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
First time on Satdi. One and only time I've been before was for the season ticket presentation, and that was quite late on - so the only glimpse into the ground was through the open panel in the Southeast corner.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not been at all, regretted missing the Spurs game on Saturday but can't wait for Saturday now!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
First time Saturday. Even rejected the chance to look around at the show-round, as I wanted the first league game to be the initial impression. Last Saturday I was gutted not to be there and that was a test of my resolve, but having got through that I'm really pleased Donny will be the first sight and sound of the place.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Saturday for me, resisted the temptation of Spurs as wanted a full house as my virgin visit. I am already strruggling sleeping due to excitment and find myself having to drink a bottle of wine a night now to make me sleep. Not sure I like the idea of the 53 year old granny making my fingers smell though :)

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Went to my presentation not been near it since. Was helped by the fact that I was on a stag do last weekend - with a load of Spurs fans.

Cannot wait.........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Me-i work a lot of Saturday's and i have not bought a season ticket-i can wait....am i crazy? well part of getting Falmer was the fact that we could have a home......i will get a ticket as i have at least 4 family members all based in the West to call upon if they don't go.

Am i gutted? mildly but it's not the end of the world not to see the first matches.

Call me a season 2 JCL season ticket holder........like another brother of mine,he only follows the Albion but due to work will not be going regular this season..

There are plenty like me-i will follow on SCR.

I have a heritage stone,went to Hereford,Donny,Gillingham,Withdean & both Play off finals,am i less of a fan? maybe to some but i only have 1 team.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Have not seen anything in person, not never, as I have not been back to England for 3 years.

In 24 hours, me and my parents will be flying the 11.30 hours back home just to watch the Doncaster game on Saturday and Gillingham on Tuesday.

Beyond excited.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Been in the superstore and then had a walk around the ground - before walking all the way back to North Laine, just for the fun of it. 55mins it took. Saturday will be my first time inside and I cannot wait. Was tempted by the Spurs game, but after a 14yr wait, I can handle one more week to get the true experience - which friendlies always lack. Bring on saturday morning.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
not been as im currently stuck in manchester and a bit broke. saving up every single 5p coin i can find this month to make it down to the peterboro game and that will be my first taste of the sweet mistress that is the amex. im as firm below the belt as i'm sure Calderon will be defensively this year.....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Four More Sleep, I'm like a kid at Christmas only far far more Excited.Bit embarassing really, I'm 52

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Have held out until now ... and Saturday can't come soon enough.
It will be IMMENSE.

Even looking forward to the train journey from West Worthing, as the blue and white passengers grow with each stop, pouring out in an excited throng onto the platforms at Brighton station. Laughter, songs, a growing sense of anticipation as the crowds hustle onto the Falmer train.

OK, I'm going for a lie down. :jester:

Have held out until now ... and Saturday can't come soon enough.
It will be IMMENSE.

Even looking forward to the train journey from West Worthing, as the blue and white passengers grow with each stop, pouring out in an excited throng onto the platforms at Brighton station. Laughter, songs, a growing sense of anticipation as the crowds hustle onto the Falmer train.

OK, I'm going for a lie down. :jester:
Good luck with the Train!
It was pretty mobbed on the interchange at Brighton for the SSC.
Did you know that the Becket is running a bus on league games?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Me-i work a lot of Saturday's and i have not bought a season ticket-i can wait....am i crazy? well part of getting Falmer was the fact that we could have a home......i will get a ticket as i have at least 4 family members all based in the West to call upon if they don't go.

Am i gutted? mildly but it's not the end of the world not to see the first matches.

Call me a season 2 JCL season ticket holder........like another brother of mine,he only follows the Albion but due to work will not be going regular this season..

There are plenty like me-i will follow on SCR.

I have a heritage stone,went to Hereford,Donny,Gillingham,Withdean & both Play off finals,am i less of a fan? maybe to some but i only have 1 team.

Very simular to me. Also went to the Goldstone, had a season ticket all the time we was at Gillingham and for the first 3 seasons at Withdean. Gave it up because i couldnt stand the lack of atmoshere at Withdean.

I now have a little one to look after whilst her indoors sleeps after a fri night shift so a season ticket was out of the question. I have a small chance of a mate giving me his Doncaster ticket and i am just keepeing everything crossed that he comes good!!!

If not thanks to @H20 of this parish, my 1st game will probably be Peterborough.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have been to the shop but i put my blinkers on and didn't look anywhere (internally apart from the shop of course) i have been saving it for the first competitive match.

I only hope i haven't over hyped it in my head!

Roll on Saturday.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
First time Saturday. Even rejected the chance to look around at the show-round, as I wanted the first league game to be the initial impression. Last Saturday I was gutted not to be there and that was a test of my resolve, but having got through that I'm really pleased Donny will be the first sight and sound of the place.

This. Was not remotely interested in the ramp-up games, can't wait for Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here