Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who hasn't been to the AMEX yet?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I still haven't been, literally can't wait for Saturday.

Hopefully it will be a proper opening game of the season sun out shinning, atmosphere booming.

I might even shave my balls for the occasion.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I literally cannot fathom how you have resisted but you will reap the rewards on Saturday no doubt, it will be fantastic for you.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
I was at Spurs but I am more looking forward to Donny. In my row there were only 8 people on Saturday and this occured elsewhere too because of the reduced numbers, so the atmosphere was slightly reduced, but Donny will be different. It means so much more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had a mince around the site about a year ago during construction (just before the West arch went up), plus a few visits to Village Way to kop a sneaky peek through the hoardings, but I've not been to see the finished article yet.

I am quite literally defecating in my pants right now about Saturday. Cannot WAIT.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nope, not been to it, or a pair of exposed balls other than my own recently. Should be great on Saturday. Getting there for just after midday to patrol the area and get a feel of things. Then when the doors open i'll have a pint and get a look at the hand-dryers in the toilets. I tend to think them first and foremost are a sign of quality in an establishment. Lukewarm air blown onto my wet hands will leave me feeling a little disappointed. A skin-ruffling Dyson Airblade and i'll be over the moon.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Been outside it, but not inside still, Donny will be my first appearance, and i am incerdibly excited to say the least

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Nope, not been to it, or a pair of exposed balls other than my own recently. Should be great on Saturday. Getting there for just after midday to patrol the area and get a feel of things. Then when the doors open i'll have a pint and get a look at the hand-dryers in the toilets. I tend to think them first and foremost are a sign of quality in an establishment. Lukewarm air blown onto my wet hands will leave me feeling a little disappointed. A skin-ruffling Dyson Airblade and i'll be over the moon.

If you're in 1901 then do you get a fair virgin maiden blowing gently across your palms? Well you ought to the amount you've paid! (Note the sarcasm).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I went and had a look in August last year during constructions through the viewing windows in the hordings, and I went to a season ticket presentation but I couldn't see anything as it was pretty much dark by the time our presentation happened. So I cannot ruddy wait for Saturday, already told the missus I am f***ing off about 10am to drive to my Mums place so we can walk down to the stadium in good time and have a bit of a look around, find my grandads memorial stone, try a pie etc.

I've been tempted by the ramp up games but I'd promised myself I'd make the first competitive fixture my first game ages ago and I've managed to stick to that promise. A new baby (born July 8th) has certainly helped distract the mind from the games as they were going on and the wishing I was there.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
in good time and have a bit of a look around, find my grandads memorial stone,

Yeah that would be a good idea to get there early. The memorial stones "area" was really busy, as you can imagine, with people trying to find their stones and of course this is a major route through for people coming from the coach park to get to the West Stand and club shop. It was difficult trying to weave in and out of people peering down to find their stone.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If you're in 1901 then do you get a fair virgin maiden blowing gently across your palms? Well you ought to the amount you've paid! (Note the sarcasm).

If i were a 1901er then i'd want options. Everyone likes a virgin, don't get me wrong, but a plump, cavernous granny would be sometimes necessary. The scent of 53 years of intense smoking left on my fingers thanks to her wheezy drying might add to the flavour of it all.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Havn't even driven past since construction started - granted this was pretty easy, given I live in the Midlands. My other half wanted to drag me to the building site last time we were in Sussex, but I decided not to.

My first game will be the Blackpool match. Can't wait!

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
If i were a 1901er then i'd want options. Everyone likes a virgin, don't get me wrong, but a plump, cavernous granny would be sometimes necessary. The scent of 53 years of intense smoking left on my fingers thanks to her wheezy drying might add to the flavour of it all.

:laugh:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Had a mince around the site about a year ago during construction (just before the West arch went up), plus a few visits to Village Way to kop a sneaky peek through the hoardings, but I've not been to see the finished article yet.

I am quite literally defecating in my pants right now about Saturday. Cannot WAIT.

It's rubbish-you'll be pining for Withdean before halftime.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I haven't been yet, Donny sold out before I could get a ticket, but I have just been into the club shop in Queens Road and got my tickets for Gillingham. WSU right in the middle.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Avoided the temptation of spurs and as a WSLer didn't get a look in on the open evenings so Saturday will be extra special.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Nope, haven't been since it has been anything like near completed... a few early visits to the building site but now it is all about the catharsis of Saturday. f*** I can't believe it's here!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All those of you who've been saving themselves I envy you and admire your restraint. You're in for a TREAT an absolute treat. Hopefully us guinea pigs have ironed out all the problems. Bugger me I can't wait for Saturday and I've already been to two games!

Can't remember the last time I was so excited about the start of a season. Obviously the euphoria will wear off eventually, but until it does I'm going to drain every last drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here