Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who does the cheapest car insurance?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
for a 28 year old male with 0 yrs no claims bonus driving a K-reg 1.1litre fiat uno

anyone recommend anyone?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Norwich Union, Direct Line, Tesco (Same company as DL), Elephant or Bell (same company as Elephant).

Prob won't find any cheaper than those 5 and it'll only take you half hour to get a quote from all of them.

Problem solved :smokin:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
On that subject anyone seen that you can get insured on most cars for a day for just £10.50! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.norwichunion.com/short-term-insurance/index.htm

Any car under group 18 if you're aged 21-25 (like me) for a tenner and i think its similar for cars grouped 18-20 if you're over 25.

I used to work in insurance and know the risk involved in short term insurance is huge compared to annual cover so these prices are awesome!

Definately worth remembering/bookmarking! ;)

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Skint Gull said:
Norwich Union, Direct Line, Tesco (Same company as DL), Elephant or Bell (same company as Elephant).

Prob won't find any cheaper than those 5 and it'll only take you half hour to get a quote from all of them.

Problem solved :smokin:

cheers mate

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I find Churchill gave me an excellent deal, and they broke their association with the SCUM at the end of last season so everyones a WINNER.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you can ignore their irritating tv advert, Hastings (0800 00 1066) are the cheapest we've found.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Rougvie said:
I find Churchill gave me an excellent deal, and they broke their association with the SCUM at the end of last season so everyones a WINNER.

pasty said:
If you can ignore their irritating tv advert, Hastings (0800 00 1066) are the cheapest we've found.

Both of those, along with More Than and Privelige are normally good if you have NCD, not so much without proven clean driving history

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hate to say it (cos of their link with Palace) but after 20 years driving I switched to Churchill a few years ago and they have been fantastic undercutting almost every other quote .... though I gather they are better for old codgers like me!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
s.stubbs said:
Do not use Churchill,dirty palace vermin:angry:

Did not renew their deal with Palace as club sponsor.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rougvie said:
Did not renew their deal with Palace as club sponsor.

It's a good idea, but isn't it the most annoying advert ever?!?

:censored:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
sashanash said:
I've always found Tesco's to be the cheapest. :wave:

Are you sure?I swapped from then to Churchhill.Much better deal

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Privilege came in far cheaper for me than all those mentioned above. Having said that, it really does depend on your age, record and tye of car. Me, I'm squeeky clean and old so it was a doddle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here