Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want Up Front 4 Albion on Saturday?

Who???

• Adam Virgo

Votes: 70 59.8%
  • Gary Hart

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Jake Robinson

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Jonny Dixon

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Kane Louis

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Forster On His Own?

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Obviously Virgo. As for those asking why we keep those others at the club to me it seems fairly obvious:
Robinson - because he probably isn't paid much and can be useful coming on as a sub and running at tired defenders.
Hart - because you never know when we'll face a real injury crisis and will need a trusty backup.
Dixon - because the club made a massive cock-up in signing him and will have to see out his contract before we can get rid of him.

We need more cover up front and on the wings. Virgo is decent cover for Murray but has anyone thought about what happens if Forster picks up an injury? I think we'll face real problems.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It has to be Virgo and Forster up front on Saturday. I would be more confident of Virgo giving some flick-ons and head-ons to Fozzy than Jakey who wont win many headers against big defenders nearly a foot taller than him. A reshuffle in midfield is also easy with Virgo moving into attack. Livermore or Kebab (if he recovers from injury) can slot into his place. If needed Jakey should be left for the last 10 minutes , as his pace would come in useful against tiring defenders.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
the obvious option is to shunt virgo up there but as already stated it breaks up promising midfield partnership.

if McCleod is fit, is he not an option? He scored 2 goals on last day of season for colchester and a few preseason... he knows where the goal is. Could move Jakey on the left i guess, but the quality going in the box wouldnt be as good and you dont have a target man up there either.

To be honest, we're only talking about a few games here, we should give Livermore a chance to show us what he can do in the middle. Virgo is in good scoring form, and in that respect i guess its a bit of a no brainer really. Virgs all the way baby!

Yay first post :rave:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
the obvious option is to shunt virgo up there but as already stated it breaks up promising midfield partnership.

if McCleod is fit, is he not an option? He scored 2 goals on last day of season for colchester and a few preseason... he knows where the goal is. Could move Jakey on the left i guess, but the quality going in the box wouldnt be as good and you dont have a target man up there either.

To be honest, we're only talking about a few games here, we should give Livermore a chance to show us what he can do in the middle. Virgo is in good scoring form, and in that respect i guess its a bit of a no brainer really. Virgs all the way baby!

Yay first post :rave:

Welcome! :wave:

We are only talking one game ban. :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Virgo - it is only for one game then he can go back into midfield and continue his promising partnership with Tommo.

As someone said earlier in the post, the big worry would be Forster picking up an injury. Couldn't see Murray making a good front pair with Virgo and none of the aforementioned options would be ideal with him either.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It must say something to the reserve strikers when a defender/midfielder gets in ahead of them. Mind you I agree its got to be Virgo surely.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Looks like Livermore and El-Abd might not be fit - then what?!?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who is kane louis?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I think the fact that McLeod, Livermore and El Abd are doubtful will have more impact on who plays up front. Virgo is the obvious choice, maybe even too obvious given the 3 goals...

However, midfield is where matches are won, and without Virgo (or Livermore/El Abd) in midfield we are going to be too lightweight. Therefore, even though I voted Virgo earlier on (before I knew the injury list) - I would now say Dixon... we have to know if this guy can actually do it, and I would rather find out now, than in March/April.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I like having Virgo in midfield where he can still attack but also do his work in midfield. Robinson for 45 minutes for me. See if Adams can motivate the wee man.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I agree about Virgo but Dixon is supposed to be a striker. Admittedly he hasn't looked much in the brief couple of appearances he's made when I have seen him but. as was mentioned above, it would be better to find out now that he's not up to it than to wait until Forster gets an injury.
Definitely not Robinson though he's been given chance after chance and found lacking - I'd prefer to give Sam Gargan a chance !

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have you been drinking ?

I agree with him...... Vırgo and Thompson together looks really good... why upset it? You're going to have to try the others as an attacking option sometime anyway and its better to do it early season rather than in a key game later in the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here