• Germany

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Italy

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I lived there for nine years and have a step mother and Grand mother from there, so I have soft spot for them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arrogant? Two of the players scored so it was justified on footballing terms.

They missed a hatful of chances in the first hour. Gomez, Podolski and Muller would have had them 3 up by halftime. Granted, Greece were poor, it's just only Germany would make a selection like that. It's like England dropping Lineker, Platt and Waddle before Cameroon in WC1990 - would never have happened.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Voted for Germany but now England are out I don't really care. Spain, whilst being technically good, spend way too much time faffing about. The Germans are not quite as good technically but they look like their objective is to score goals as well as retaining possession of the ball-much better to watch in my opinion. I hope Gus turns the Albion into a hybrid of the two.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Youngest squad at the tournament and they have good players in reserve. How good will they be in Brasil?

They have evolved as a team together so by the time the world cup comes around they could easily be the best in the world.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Italy. I have them in the work sweepstake

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Germany, they've played the best football in the tournament.

....and I have them in the cricket club sweepstake.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I don't care any more!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Germany - very direct and exciting to watch, them v Spain in the final could be an absolute classic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Germany have been the best team so far, so I hope they win it. I think they will hammer Italy, who have just 3 days to recover from a 120 minute match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have spent many years extolling the virtues of our Teutonic cousins. It looks as though my efforts are now starting to come to fruition and this thread is proving to be very rewarding.

Keep it coming guys.

It's great to have you all on board :lol:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Portugal for me, think ronaldo has played very well.

Oct 25, 2003
germany are the best team in my view....so them

but at the same time....

portugal- because i love it when one player grabs a tournament by the SCRUFF OF ITS NECK and ronaldo will need to do that for portugal to win

spain- because it would be a fitting end to what has been a GLORIOUS period in football

italy- because of mario

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They missed a hatful of chances in the first hour. Gomez, Podolski and Muller would have had them 3 up by halftime. Granted, Greece were poor, it's just only Germany would make a selection like that. It's like England dropping Lineker, Platt and Waddle before Cameroon in WC1990 - would never have happened.
Podolski and Muller have done little so far at the tournament, I think if those two had been swapped for Reuss and Schurlle but Gomez kept in it wouldn't have been so bad, but changing all three, even though are were all excellent players and much too good for Greece, did come off as a bit of a dick move. It was disrespectful even if it was valid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here