Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Obviously Potter would be the ideal appointment for us right now. I expect the club is doing everything they can to make it happen.

It's certain he'll bring back his old team though, should he decide to come back.

Ben Roberts and Kyle Macaulay are both still employed by Chelsea. So, if he came back he could only bring three of the five that left with him. Would be need to bring in some extras?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Ben Roberts and Kyle Macaulay are both still employed by Chelsea. So, if he came back he could only bring three of the five that left with him. Would be need to bring in some extras?
Hadn’t Ben Roberts already left when Potter headed for the exit?

Edit - apologies just checked and it seems he did leave with GP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hadn’t Ben Roberts already left when Potter headed for the exit?
No, he was one of the seven who defected at the same time. Bruno & Ben leaving upset me more than Potter.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Lallana ain't coming back any time soon.

Obviously Potter would be the ideal appointment for us right now. I expect the club is doing everything they can to make it happen.

It's certain he'll bring back his old team though, should he decide to come back.
i wonder if that would include bruno

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I’m certain that if he was coming back his feet would already be under the desk.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Following on from my previous post.
Raffaelle Palladino reported to be eyeing up a premiership move, currently learning English.
Contract is up in June.
Just won mang of month for April.
Style ticks a lot of boxes.
Probably a Juve or Roma move, but you never no.
Reports today suggest he’ll be going to Fiorentina.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's dragging on a bit now.

Starting to hint at the Summer of Hinshelwood and we'll soon get the update that 'we have to wait until the Euros are finished'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It is certainly NOT obvious. You are in the minority who want him back please don't forget it. Why are you making things up?

And why 'it's certain he'll bring back his old team'. No it's not. Again your imagination is getting the better of you.

Jodyjodes

Jan 19, 2018
No. It hasn't come to this. Nature abhors a vacuum and in the absence of news, people are posting endless threads referencing the only candidates they can think of.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I had no idea who Roberto De Zerbi was when we were first linked to him. I also had very little idea who Graham Potter was, apart from Swansea running Man City close in the FA Cup. This is why I, and probably everyone else on this board, and the pundits who work for Talk Sport, and the tabloids, and the people who set the first odds for the bookies, are not in charge of our recruitment process.

We're fans. Our job is not to stick a dart in whichever one of the touted names we fancy. Our job is to keep the faith, await the outcome of the recruitment team's discussions and then moan that whoever we manage to appoint can't score goals and hasn't got a plan B.

Please no more threads about Graham Potter. Starlizard is not the envy of data analysts across the whole of football because it answers the question 'Who across the globe would be the best available fit for Brighton & Hove Albion?' with the words 'Hard to say really. Why don't you get back that bloke who left you in the lurch a couple of years ago?'
This is the most sense I’ve read on here for a while, although I enjoy the analogies of the manager being someone’s daughter/ lover etc

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Frank Lampard bought a house in Ferring ages ago didn’t he. My window cleaners son saw him moving furniture in the other day. He’d hired a white van apparently. Has Christine kicked him out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here