Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A 27 year old on a free transfer who scored 2 goals last season and is likely the replacement for Olise?

OK then.
If you watched Italian or German footy you would know he is a very good player. Will probably stay at Lazio tbh. Roma also interested.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He is a good player - it's a very decent signing on a free.
I'd be amazed if he's better than Olise.

Let's see what their full squad looks like in September, rather than shitting ourselves two weeks before the window opens.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
A 27 year old on a free transfer who scored 2 goals last season and is likely the replacement for Olise?

OK then.
Looks like he's more of a CM/CAM so sooner an Eze replacement? And Glasner is probably thinking back to his last season in charge of Eintracht, when Kamada scored 16 and assisted seven in 47 appearances all competitions. His minutes almost halved at Lazio in 2023/2024.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
They are doing what we should have done last Summer - recruiting from a position of strength.
No idea on Palace’s transfer business but this still rankles with me.

We were in a once in a lifetime opportunity to kick on and cement our stability in the top half for the next couple of years but let it slip with poor signings and what seems from the outside, a lack of ambition.

Squad wise, we’re now closer to being in the position we were in during Summer 21. That year we signed Mwepu and Cucarella who both arrived with decent pedigree. Realistically need at least two very similar signings again to stand still.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No idea on Palace’s transfer business but this still rankles with me.

We were in a once in a lifetime opportunity to kick on and cement our stability in the top half for the next couple of years but let it slip with poor signings and what seems from the outside, a lack of ambition.

Squad wise, we’re now closer to being in the position we were in during Summer 21. That year we signed Mwepu and Cucarella who both arrived with decent pedigree. Realistically need at least two very similar signings again to stand still.
Yup.

At this stage what Palace are doing is irrelevant. They have a habit of overpaying salary wise for one or two stars and filling the rest of the squad up with chuff.

I'd much rather we focus on us fixing last summer's missed opportunity. Pedro was a decent signing to be fair. The rest? Not good enough, especially for a campaign where we'd be playing twice a week a good deal if we were successful.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The above kind of emphasises the fact that we need an appointment soonish... I've said previously we cannot hope to recruit first team ready players without a head coach in position. Why would any player sign for a club when you've no idea if it's Steve Cooper or Cafu who's effectively going to be your boss... ?

I'm not advocating the wrong appointment for the sake of it btw, but the longer we're rudderless the harder it's going to be to sell the club to incoming players... great facilities etc. sure - they go a long way, but if you're an agent/player with no idea on style and/or direction we're simply not an attractive option...

I'm sure the powers that be recognise this, and equally I'm not sure it's anyone's fault that we missed out on target #1... but we do need an alternative in order to reinvigorate the squad.

Fingers crossed the next two weeks see a positive and bold statement in terms of our new top man :)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Has anyone found where he’s said that there’s teams interested in him? Had a little gander and can’t see anything.

I have however asked Bet365 to price him up so I can put a tenner on him. I look forward to him being the favourite by the end of the week.

16/1. Tenner LUMPED on.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Have a feeling the much quoted from PB that they have somebody ready to step into any position may not come to fruition this time.
To be fair, does he ever say ‘he has someone to step in’? That would be pretty impossible to guarantee. It’s more about them having a list of pre researched options, but you never know if any of them will actually want to join.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Crikey one minute it is lack of ambition next its no manager, then its there is no plan or we are going backwards its a wonder we can get anyone on multi million pound contracts to come to the club.

If I was the owner of a club and put hundreds of millions of £'s of my own money into it, have leading edge technology to track players and staff statistics and have a clear vision of the direction I want to go in. I am not sure I would listen to the naysayers, whingers and bed wetters.

We are on a journey, some may look at their feet for each step as an indication of path TB and PBOBE are looking towards the destination.

If you want an indication of where we are going........Look Back

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I'd be amazed if he's better than Olise.

Let's see what their full squad looks like in September, rather than shitting ourselves two weeks before the window opens.
I’ll keep contemplating shitting myself about what’s not happening at the Albion for the moment thanks, I’ll worry about Palace once we have completed our summer business :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here