Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Last night I had a dream that Carlo Ancelotti joined us and we went on to win the European Cup.

I wish I had Albion dreams like this.

Mine often starts off with something like my girlfriend going off with Jacob Moder, so I end up at a wedding with Gus Poyet as the best man for some reason, followed by my teeth falling out inexplicably, while finding out that I'm in fact naked in front of the whole church, which as it turns out, is also my former Year 8 classroom.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Another factor here is our ability to take advantage of the pre 30th January PSR opportunities as it’s going to be harder to convince players to join if they don’t know who the manager is. We need to get our finger out.
^ This. We can "be patient" and wait for "the right manager", but without a coaching staff in place, I've got to imagine our player recruiting is effectively on hold.

I think most players would want to chat with the coach before agreeing to join a team.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We seem to have become a stepping stone club for literally every position and role within the club. Praps offering something a little more lucrative to retain our talent, could have just a positive outcome as this so called 'succession plan' which seems to be running dry. Let's be honest, bar Bloom and PBOBE, it has been a little rediculous the amount of movement across the club over the past 18 months against a backdrop of record Premier League profits.
The best manager we probably have ever had gone and I doubt we will ever really know why as Naylor and co don’t like reporting truths if it sheds a bad light.
It’s been portrayed as RDZ was the bad guy and everyone seems to have sucked it up with Naylor’s spin on transfers.
No mention of the fact we went to Fati and Igor because they failed to get the top targets over the line.

It now appears the top of the manager list aren’t interested players want out, recruitment staff leave as soon as a new project comes their way. It’s all a bit up in the air at the moment.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The best manager we probably have ever had gone and I doubt we will ever really know why as Naylor and co don’t like reporting truths if it sheds a bad light.
It’s been portrayed as RDZ was the bad guy and everyone seems to have sucked it up with Naylor’s spin on transfers.
No mention of the fact we went to Fati and Igor because they failed to get the top targets over the line.

It now appears the top of the manager list aren’t interested players want out, recruitment staff leave as soon as a new project comes their way. It’s all a bit up in the air at the moment.
Relegation bound

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well this is going to make 6 people on NSC very happy,I had a old man nap today and somewhere in my dream of giant squid catching humans speeding on the M54 near Telford our new manager was introduced to the cameras with his interpreter,who to be honest wasn't much cop at English either but the real hot news is our next manager is Swedish FFS!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

:drama:

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
Well this is going to make 6 people on NSC very happy,I had a old man nap today and somewhere in my dream of giant squid catching humans speeding on the M54 near Telford our new manager was introduced to the cameras with his interpreter,who to be honest wasn't much cop at English either but the real hot news is our next manager is Swedish FFS!
That all sounds completely believable apart from a Swedish football manager needing an interpreter

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why are they obsessed with that pub league oh cheap option 😉

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A bit like RDZ's interpreter ...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I still think we have someone else up our sleeve and that’s why Cooper’s camp are trying to stir up that we are competing with others for him.
Jacob Neestrup is my guess. He’s admitted that he’s had approaches ( not naming anyone)
Last game of the season for Copenhagen this weekend so we haven’t been able to move before now.
One thing for sure is that we won’t be rushed into a decision.
Cooper could do a job, of course,

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I still think we have someone else up our sleeve and that’s why Cooper’s camp are trying to stir up that we are competing with others for him.
Jacob Neestrup is my guess. He’s admitted that he’s had approaches ( not naming anyone)
Last game of the season for Copenhagen this weekend so we haven’t been able to move before now.
Obviously we don't want to be rushed but we really have to get the manager in quickly as we need to do player business fairly urgently before we are left with the scraps. Depressingly palace are signing quality left right and centre.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is my guess as well. Would make sense on a lot of levels.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Copenhagen third in a gash league this season. Again despite punching above their weight in the champions league, a bit risky.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Obviously we don't want to be rushed but we really have to get the manager in quickly as we need to do player business fairly urgently before we are left with the scraps. Depressingly palace are signing quality left right and centre.
The transfer window doesn't open for another 2 weeks!

If you're talking about Wharton, he was signed when RDZ was in charge here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here