Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't quite understand such negative reaction to Cooper.. Remember Forest was a basket case for recruitment and Cooper I thought handled that pretty well having been successful in getting them up. Nuno didn't really get much of reaction from the team in terms of performance (Gut feel, not stat based!), and I thought the style of play, two quick wide men, off a central striker was pretty entertaining to watch vs. others, such as Everton, Palace (bar last 5 games) and even Wolves to a lesser extent. I guess I didn't really see anything in his PL tenure that was a huge concern, and prior to that he may just have had a better CV compared to Potter when we took him.
Yep does feel like cooper must be near the top of the list in terms of realistic appointments.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Surely it will be Henrik Rydstrom
No idea if previously mentioned as I don't have the will to trawl back through umpteen dozen pages. If a fixtures job then so be it. Anyway....

According to Swedish media reports of the story, Rydstrom's bestie buddy is none other than Björn Hamberg, Potters regular sidekick who moved into football coaching after ABBA disbanded.

Ryndstrom as head coach with the return of Björn Hamberg as an assistant coach? Mama Mia.....

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We wouldn't, would we 😂

He was on my "top 5 most likely to replace RDZ at the end of the season"-list about a month ago. A lot has happened since then but I still think he is a candidate.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Roberto De Zerbi could be a good shout.

Did well in his first season of English football, would suit our players, currently unemployed, has connection to Brighton due to prior employment but unlike Potter most fans would welcome him back.
Has bigger ambitions than the club apparently and has no knowledge of the club’s recruitment policy

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don't quite understand such negative reaction to Cooper.. Remember Forest was a basket case for recruitment and Cooper I thought handled that pretty well having been successful in getting them up. Nuno didn't really get much of reaction from the team in terms of performance (Gut feel, not stat based!), and I thought the style of play, two quick wide men, off a central striker was pretty entertaining to watch vs. others, such as Everton, Palace (bar last 5 games) and even Wolves to a lesser extent. I guess I didn't really see anything in his PL tenure that was a huge concern, and prior to that he may just have had a better CV compared to Potter when we took him.
Plus he isn’t going to get overrun with signings and a bloated squad here

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think he'd be ok

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
As far as I'm aware, only one Brighton manager has a 100% win rate in the capital.

I know they say never go back. But....

1717063939006.png

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
At what point do we admit this contingency planning that Barber likes to brag about is not what it's hyped up to be?

At the point that Paul Barber announces he’s exhausted his list of potential candidates and would it be OK if he phoned Graham Potter.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wouldn't suprise me if Crofty is on our potential list of new managers, it's the clubs policy to promote from within if possible so I'd imagine he's at least applied for the job,he knows full well how the team now plays so I'd be ok with it if the club decided to give him a try.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
At what point do we admit this contingency planning that Barber likes to brag about is not what it's hyped up to be?
This is where I am. This doesn’t feel like we had a plan beyond McKenna. People will say we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes and that’s true to an extent we also know how the club and managerial moves work and to be nearly two weeks on and really no obvious names would suggest this hasn’t gone as planned.

Interestingly on TalkSPORT yesterday Jeff Stelling, not someone I consider prone to bullshit, said he had heard the club were ‘shell shocked’ (quote) by McKennas decision to stay at Ipswich.

I know there are other candidates, but realistically, as the club is unlikely to stick its neck out and be the first to risk Relationism football in the Premier League, there are 2 main (and jobless) candidates. Which would you prefer?

Potter or Cooper?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here