Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to be our first opponents of the 2012/2013 season & why?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd like Palace home/away pretty early, so I can accumulate enough loyalty points - won't be able to go to many (if any) away games after mid-September :nono:

Peterborough away would be a cracking way to open the season. Will their terrace redevelopment be complete by then?

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
I'd like Palace home/away pretty early, so I can accumulate enough loyalty points - won't be able to go to many (if any) away games after mid-September :nono:

Peterborough away would be a cracking way to open the season. Will their terrace redevelopment be complete by then?

Yes its been started, which is a shame. Posh away is always one of my favourite fixtures for the terrace alone.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Burnley (away)

That's not who I would want but that's who it will be, personally I would like Wolves at home

I want this as not 100% sure I can make it without cutting a trip short!

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Would like Ipswich away on a balmy sunny afternoon & to take the missus to the Norfolk Broads for the Sunday.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
An away game at some grim distant shithole which I have absolutely no intention of attending, but its bumped to the Friday night game for Sky.

That'd be Middlesbrough then. Or Burnley.

There's an abundance of 'grim distant shitholes' this season, so the odds are you may get part of your wish. As for me? I think Blackburn at home would be a good one. There's no such thing as an easy game, however unless things change, they are in a chaotic mess & I would like to think they are there for the taking. Nothing like having three points from the first game to get the momentum going.

In the League Cup 1st Round, it has to be Crawley at home. Its one of the few fixtures where you could half expect a decent crowd for that round. The interest value in that game would be huge. As long as we stuff them of course!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
For the League cup, I'd like Crawley at the AMEX. For the league, I'd love Charlton away up first on a nice sunny summer Saturday.

Well seeing as I now cannot make the match unless it's moved for TV, my personal preference is now for Middlesbrough or Hull away.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am away 17th August so selfishly hope its away to one of the most northern teams.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If it's away from home I'd like Wolves so I can go :)
Home? Sheffield Wednesday - early chance to see the side who are my favourites to "do a Southampton/Norwich" and go straight through the championship to the premier league.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Anyone at home, get the Amex rocking and hopefully off to a flying start

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Would want Crawley away to be honest and would want to look forward to Charlton away too!

Trouble with that is that with only 1600 tickets available for away support at Crawley, too many will miss out on the match.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For all those dreaming of Palace at home: dream on.

That game will, for a host of reasons, never be the first match of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here