Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want in the FA cup first round?

mattieoo

Nov 17, 2005
in the cold
well who would you like to see the Albion against?

personally i would like to see us away at Corby Town

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
HKFC, I will have to mutter obscenties about your post, as a newly found fan of Forest Green I am hoping that Eastleigh get roundly thrashed this afternoon...but hope that Rovers avoid the Albion in the next round.

For the Albion I would like a decent home draw, how about Eastbourne Town, Lewes or Horsham if they make it through their games today...for Rovers, not really bothered as long as it is at home and the opposition are beatable.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Any Sussex team would be nice:)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
HKFC, I will have to mutter obscenties about your post, as a newly found fan of Forest Green I am hoping that Eastleigh get roundly thrashed this afternoon...but hope that Rovers avoid the Albion in the next round.

For the Albion I would like a decent home draw, how about Eastbourne Town, Lewes or Horsham if they make it through their games today...for Rovers, not really bothered as long as it is at home and the opposition are beatable.

Am I right in thinking that Forest Green are the team who took Barcelona's badge and modified it into their own by taking the senyera (Catalan flag) in the top right hand corner and changing it to just a patch of green, as well as modifiying where it says "FCB" in the middle of the badge to their own initials?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think as Sussex Derby would be nice and it would be a fantastic occastion, however living in the West Midlands, I would quite like a game against Stafford or Burton albion.

Cup draw (17.10 BBC1)

My 2 local clubs, Glapwell and Rainworth Miners' Welfare, both fell at the last qualifying round, so I'd like Northwich Victoria again - this time away, so I can go and see all those goals go in!
A trip to the winners of the Harrogate derby also appeals, although it's a bit of a trek from Sussex.
Albion are ball no.6, Crawley 71, Horsham 72 Eastbourne Boro 74 and Lewes 77 (if they get through).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I know I said any Sussex team, but for me to travel to, any team like Shrewsbury, Chester etc would be ideal.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Am I right in thinking that Forest Green are the team who took Barcelona's badge and modified it into their own by taking the senyera (Catalan flag) in the top right hand corner and changing it to just a patch of green, as well as modifiying where it says "FCB" in the middle of the badge to their own initials?

The two badges do bear a resemblance, certainly the badge looks like you describe, but I am not sure that it was intentional.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The two badges do bear a resemblance, certainly the badge looks like you describe, but I am not sure that it was intentional.

If it wasn't intentional, the designer of the FGR badge gets the award for coming up with the biggest co-incidence in the entire history of the world. ;)

Barcelona Badge:

FC_Barcelona_logo-790293.gif

FGR Badge:

767.gif

In fairness though, there are some differences in the shape of outline as well.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For you, interesting ties today include Merthyr Tydfil v Oxford Utd and Evesham v Halifax, where unlikely home victors would provide suitable away opposition.

Only problem with places like Merthyr is that I can't go directly there. I would have to head out to Shrewsbury/Birmingham and then travel back into Wales - Which is a bit silly really!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point Frutos, but there are limits to design of football badges, if you went for the shield type then there are bound to be similarities between two designs if you look hard enough...FGR, the Barcelona of the Cotswolds...sounds fine to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here