Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want in the FA Cup First Round Draw, tomorrow?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Met Police would be highly amusing from the point of view of songs to sing, but they'll probably lose to Hendon in the replay so I won't get too excited.

The Met Police would be highly amusing from the point of view of songs to sing, but they'll probably lose to Hendon in the replay so I won't get too excited.

Well our personal favourite at Worthing is "we beat the hillians, you shoot brazilians" but after that it all gets a bit predictable songwise!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully a home tie or not too far away on the road.

Aldershot ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well our personal favourite at Worthing is "we beat the hillians, you shoot brazilians" but after that it all gets a bit predictable songwise!

Yeah, probably wouldn't want to be the one shouting "Shoooooooot" when one of their strikers gets the ball around the penalty box.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Fa cup, what a dilemma. Go out early and focus on league or have a good run, putting our players in the shop window and maybe losing focus on the league. I belive Gus is to good a manager to let their focus slip, as Grayson so nearly did with Leeds last year, although they scrapped up in the end. Personally I still think its the best knock out competion in the world. Ok we are not going to win it, but teams from this league have got to semis and quarters before and it does not have to have a negitive effect on the team, it can work the other way.Havant and Waterlooville away could be a tasty tie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Fa cup, what a dilemma. Go out early and focus on league or have a good run, putting our players in the shop window and maybe losing focus on the league. I belive Gus is to good a manager to let their focus slip, as Grayson so nearly did with Leeds last year, although they scrapped up in the end. Personally I still think its the best knock out competion in the world. Ok we are not going to win it, but teams from this league have got to semis and quarters before and it does not have to have a negitive effect on the team, it can work the other way.Havant and Waterlooville away could be a tasty tie.

A cup run always boosts confidence and will get the club rocking even more than at present.

I hope Gus plays a full strength team, however if we get a non league team then maybe time for Baz up front ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Gus will put a full strength team purely because it is a free Saturday otherwise. May be different if it goes to a mid week replay though. And I would guess Lua Lua won't be allowed to play?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Somewhere close, or someone easy at home. Want teams that we can easily beat to start with.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just a warning, if it is away...there's Engineering Works to HH that day :cry: I'm on the 0600 bus to HH for Bolton Away. Any teams in the FA Cup near Bolton, by that way? That'd be class :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not so keen on the Crawley idea myself. The last thing I want is any of our players being ruined for the season as a result of some non-league wannabe putting the boot in in a heated derby atmosphere.

No, I'll settle for pretty much anywhere else in the country. I can't see Poyet focusing his attentions on the competition too much anyway, so if we're going to crash out, it might as well be somewhere not too embarrassing.

<natural pessimism kicking in>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here