Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think will win the world cup now

world cup winners

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have to say that I have seen none of the games featuring the Netherlands but people tell me they are pretty good, looking forward to their game on Friday against Brazil, just to see what all the fuss is about. Of the other teams, there is no doubt that Brazil have amazing amounts of skill, which makes it frustrating that last night they resorted to trying to con the ref with some outrageous dives and general dirty behaviour. Germany are good and seem to be repeating their usual trick of getting stronger as the tournament goes on, as do Spain to an extent, Villa is my man of the tournament so far. I can't see Paraguay, Uruguay or Ghana having enough to win the trophy, they have done remarkably well to get this far.

However, my money is on Argentina, they play an exciting blend of attacking football that makes me want to move heaven and earth to watch their games...they have the comedy villain as a manager, his players look like they would willingly die for him, which speaks volumes for his ability as a motivator and the respect he has earned...if only England had someone of that calibre. In Messi and Tevez they have a couple of players who can turn games and light up the stadium with dazzling performances. As far as I am concerned there is nothing not to like about this team, they play the game the way I like to see it played, they would be worthy winners.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
they have the comedy villain as a manager, his players look like they would willingly die for him, which speaks volumes for his ability as a motivator and the respect he has earned...if only England had someone of that calibre.

:laugh:

I think Brazil will win it, the Argies defense will let them down.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Spain have the best all round team: attacking flair and a solid defence.

Argentina, Brazil & Germany are all great to watch when they attack but have suspect defences.

Having said that, no European team has ever won the World Cup outside Europe so Spain would have to overcome history as well as a probable semi final against Brazil.

I do think an Argentina-Brazil final would be pretty cool, as well as potential riot.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Is that a serious question? No one will stop Argentina, surely..... Messi, Tevez, oh and some bloke who top scored for Real and has popped in a lazy 4 without breaking a sweat, come on folks -it's a procession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here