Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think will win the Championship this season?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Leicester, they have already made some huge signings to what was already a talented squad, with the amount of money they have, and with Sven in charge and a large fan base, i can seriously see them killing the league

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think this is going to be controversial but I really don't think Leicester are shoo ins to win it at all. Here are their signings:

Schmeichel - decent keeper but no world beater
Mackail-Smith - class act, destined for the top flight, although there may a learning curve before he gets there.
Danns - decent player in a shit Palace side but I'm not convinced he'll run their midfield in the manner they're expecting
Peltier - I simply don't rate him all that highly I'm afraid. Much rather have Calderon.

So they've beefed up their mid table side to the extent that a top 6 spot is the minimum expectation, and some of those signings will be on a fair whack, meaning they'll presumably have less manoevrability in the loan market if required.

For me, Hull, West Ham and Forest are more likely candidates, in that order.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think this is going to be controversial but I really don't think Leicester are shoo ins to win it at all. Here are their signings:

Schmeichel - decent keeper but no world beater
Mackail-Smith - class act, destined for the top flight, although there may a learning curve before he gets there.
Danns - decent player in a shit Palace side but I'm not convinced he'll run their midfield in the manner they're expecting
Peltier - I simply don't rate him all that highly I'm afraid. Much rather have Calderon.

So they've beefed up their mid table side to the extent that a top 6 spot is the minimum expectation, and some of those signings will be on a fair whack, meaning they'll presumably have less manoevrability in the loan market if required.

For me, Hull, West Ham and Forest are more likely candidates, in that order.

Theit mid table side though , Didn't the end of last season Sven had them firing just like GP did to us 2 seasons ago. That alone says to me they will be up there

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Theit mid table side though , Didn't the end of last season Sven had them firing just like GP did to us 2 seasons ago. That alone says to me they will be up there
Fair call mate, but I'm just not convinced they are going to get value from those signings...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hard to see beyond Leicester and West Ham as the big two. Fear up here is that Birmingham could struggle and a mid table finish might end up as being optimistic? I seriously think we might be in with a chance of the play-offs.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
West Ham and Leicester will be up there, so too I think will Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham and Nottm Forest. I think we'll push for a play-off place but realistically top 10 would be okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here