Who Do You Hate Most?

• Reading

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Palace

Votes: 45 62.5%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I would of liked to see a 3rd option, 'Both'! Because I hate them both at the moment. I would like to know how many Albion fans can remember the derby's against Palace.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
As a 'younger' fan, Reading are the team that I hate most, I have only seen 2 Palace derbys in my life!:salute:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton Rock, you are a cheeky fucker with pictures like that......show some respect and remember where you are

Moderators, remove that filthy picture please

(Done. A Moderator)

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Brighton Rock, you are a cheeky fucker with pictures like that......show some respect and remember where you are

Moderators, remove that filthy picture please

just can't beleve some people are voting for reading?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Safeway said:
BR, who would win a similar poll on your board between Brighton and, say, Millwall?

it would be very close because of that gap between palace brighton games and the amount of younger members,i think a vote last year the split was brighton 55% millwall 45%

brighton rock said:
it would be very close because of that gap between palace brighton games and the amount of younger members,i think a vote last year the split was brighton 55% millwall 45%

And so it should be.

I can understand the argument regarding the length of time between games etc, but you only have to look at last season to see how alive the rivalry still is. 6000 to Palace on the back of an 11 defeat run and less than 2000 to Reading when it looked like we might be staying up.

Just hope when we go up this season we can stay around for a bit longer to really get things going again.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Safeway said:
And so it should be.

I can understand the argument regarding the length of time between games etc, but you only have to look at last season to see how alive the rivalry still is. 6000 to Palace on the back of an 11 defeat run and less than 2000 to Reading when it looked like we might be staying up.

Just hope when we go up this season we can stay around for a bit longer to really get things going again.

must agree palace brighton game are what football is all about, can't wait to play brighton at falmer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Safeway said:
And so it should be.

I thought we only took 5,000 to Palace (a piss poor turnout really), and in any case the Reading game was a Friday night. Let's not forget we could have sold at least 6,000 for the Reading game in the previous season, and that was before they started nicking our players & managers and failing to extend loan signings for no particular reason.

I'm old enough to remember the rivalry of old, but lets face it - we've not competed with them since about 1987. Even now, they attract pre season friendlies against Chelsea (over 21,000 for that one) & PSV Eindhoven while we get Yeovil and Worthing. I don't like them, but just can't feel hatred towards them anymore.

I should have added that yet another of Withdean's down sides (has it actually got ONE up side?) is that it will never do a Brighton-Palace game justice. There's nothing we'd like more than to have several thousand scummers down to really make it the occasion it should be. The only difference currently between a Palace game and a normal game is the amount of Old Bill around.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
... and the caravans being towed by untaxed Transit vans clogging up the A23

Simster said:
I thought we only took 5,000 to Palace (a piss poor turnout really), and in any case the Reading game was a Friday night. Let's not forget we could have sold at least 6,000 for the Reading game in the previous season, and that was before they started nicking our players & managers and failing to extend loan signings for no particular reason.

I'm old enough to remember the rivalry of old, but lets face it - we've not competed with them since about 1987. Even now, they attract pre season friendlies against Chelsea (over 21,000 for that one) & PSV Eindhoven while we get Yeovil and Worthing. I don't like them, but just can't feel hatred towards them anymore.

Can see what you're saying but the fact we could have taken 6000 to Reading in 2001/02 had nothing to do with the fact it was against Reading. It was because it was a clash between first and second. Would have taken the same amount to most teams, regardless of any rivalry.

There are plenty of rivalries around that haven't seen the teams play in years (Saints/Pompey the obvious one) yet the hatred is still as alive as ever.

Perhaps you just lack passion, Simster.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
True ...Simster makes a cold fish look like a smoldering matinee idol.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dunno really Safeway. Personally I've always hated Pompey more for various reasons anyway. I must admit, I can't really understand any Albion fan under the age of 20 really disliking Palace. Is it because they're told to?

Similarly, I have two Palace friends (from different times in my life) who enjoy a laugh at our expense, but one hates Millwall (he is old enough to remember Palace before the '70s) and the other one hates Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here