Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider to be the top club team in the world?

D

Deleted member 18477

Best at what ? Playing football ? best supporters ? Best atmosphere ? Club you'd most like to play for ? I think I'd have different answers for each.

Simply.. Who is the biggest club in the world? What would be your answer if someone asked you that question?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Barcelona. Not just for playing side though, but the way the club is run - football fans all around the world should aspire for their clubs to operate like Barcelona

Well run? Barca are in €578 million in debt at the last published accounts (middle of 2012). Real Madrid have a debt of €590 million. Man Utd not much better at £400M. I don't think these should be aspirational clubs for others to follow, not suprised really that none of these teams want to adopt the FFP rules that FIFA/UEFA want them to.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Juventus, unbeaten in Europe and could surprise most people this season. Got some great players too like Buffon, Pirlo, Chiellini, Vidal and Marchisio who could make practically any first team in the world.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best at what ? Playing football ? best supporters ? Best atmosphere ? Club you'd most like to play for ? I think I'd have different answers for each.

Choose your own criteria, you're thinking about this too deeply, or taking the piss :smile:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well run? Barca are in €578 million in debt at the last published accounts (middle of 2012). Real Madrid have a debt of €590 million. Man Utd not much better at £400M. I don't think these should be aspirational clubs for others to follow, not surprised really that none of these teams want to adopt the FFP rules that FIFA/UEFA want them to.

Exactly. And this, despite gobbling up the lion's share of the tv money in Spain like Rangers and Celtic have historically done. Plus they are the most pretentious club in the world by far.

And their trophy list? They've only won the European Cup four times, once in 1992 and three times since 2006. Now it is true to say the Champions League is harder to win than the European Cup was, but to call Barca the best club ever is like calling Chelsea the best club in England.

My vote goes to Real Madrid. I don't like then much either but they are bigger and more successful than Barca.

They are also the only club Man Utd have ever been forced to sell to in the modern era.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Barca and then a lot of space. Bayern buy success but don't even dominate domesticly, Real Madrid have the top players in the world but never perform anywhere near it as a team. United doing a lot lately with average players, they the masters of scrapping through and getting results they don't deserve on the balance of a game.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion.
Based on quality of beer and pies and internet forum.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Choose your own criteria, you're thinking about this too deeply, or taking the piss :smile:

I'm on a train, so bored. If I could choose a club to play for it would be Liverpool, but I don't argue at all that they are currently "best" at anything much.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sheffield Wednesday must be up there somewhere?

Barcelona
Man utd
Real Madrid

All on a par for me... Only have time for Barca out of those 3 though... Still cannot stand them northern wankers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here