• Did not vote

Votes: 41 27.7%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brovian said:
Labour. But if I lived in Lewes in a non-SP seat I'd have voted Tory. Not sure what my ward's called but it's got Pat Hawke and Jeanne Lepper as councillors.
OH MY GOD - NO!

Please, please, please tell me you didn't vote for Pat Hawkes. What a f***ing cow she is. I am SO hoping she will lose her seat - the spiteful, vindictive, knackered old bag. The Ann de Vecchi, Davdi Neighbour, Marina Pepper and Norman Baker all-rolled-into-one of Brighton & Hove City Council.

Anyhoo, I voted for thw two Independents in Preston Park ward.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
I seriously can't believe that ANYONE voted labour.

WERE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS ?

... or are you just willing to be bought?

BTW. No UKIP option on the poll.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
binky said:

Local election issues are different to national issues.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
binky said:

hmmmmm this is meant to be a BHAFC fans website. Perhaps there are other parties that some of us have good reason to despise.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tom Hark said:
Voted for nobody.

:clap: same here.

Low turnouts send the biggest message of all that we feel disenfrachised by the current system.

Today, I got up, and went to work to earn some money to pay my bills and buy some food. Same as I did yesterday, and same as I will do tomorrow. Meanwhile, the world will keep spinning and local politicians will continue to pontificate about everything and anything whilst delivering absolutley nothing. Complete waste of space.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Yorkie said:
Local election issues are different to national issues.

Yes indeed.
The (way) above average rise in council tax.
The undemocratic way that the education lottery was forced through a council vote.
The tiny bins which have been forced on us.
The petty rules on when and where rubbish and recycling is collected.
The limits on what you can take to the council tip.
The low performance of most local schools.
The inability to contact a policeman when you need one.
The total indifference to the local police to burglary attempts. (including the refusal to take fingerprint impressions)
The atrocoius state of the road surfaces.
The closure of hospices and rest homes.
The inability to find a local dentist on NHS terms.
The proliferation of speed cameras which are set to trigger at 1mph over the limit (plus the mandatory 10%) i.e. 34 in a 30 limit.
The fact that ringing your local police gets you into a voice response queue and a 20 minute wait.
The 11 hour wait at casualty to get a serious fall seen to.

All of these are local issues, all of which have degenerated in the past 10 years.

What point were you trying to make!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Bry Nylon said:
:clap: same here.

Low turnouts send the biggest message of all that we feel disenfrachised by the current system.

Today, I got up, and went to work to earn some money to pay my bills and buy some food. Same as I did yesterday, and same as I will do tomorrow. Meanwhile, the world will keep spinning and local politicians will continue to pontificate about everything and anything whilst delivering absolutley nothing. Complete waste of space.

You are entirely wrong, wrong, wrong.
Low turnouts send no message at all to those in power. They simply disregard those who haven't the intelligence to excercise their vote.

You seem proud not to have voted. Rather, you should be ashamed.
The least you should have been prepared to do was go the the polling station and spoil your ballot.
Spoiling the ballot paper sends a far greater message than simply not being bothered to turn up. At least it proves that someone was motivated to vote for "none of the above".

I sincerely hope that you buy into democracy a little more next time around.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
mona said:
hmmmmm this is meant to be a BHAFC fans website. Perhaps there are other parties that some of us have good reason to despise.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that there is only one single issue on which all respondants to this forum will vote together.
Life and politics is a deal more complex than the fate of a footbal club, however dearly held to the heart.

The most disturbing figure on this poll, just as for the country as a whole, is the number who reject the whole democratic ideal, and refuse to vote.
The right to vote was bought over many centuries; with blood and lives.
How cheaply modern citizens hold that right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
binky said:
You are entirely wrong, wrong, wrong.
Low turnouts send no message at all to those in power. They simply disregard those who haven't the intelligence to excercise their vote.

You seem proud not to have voted. Rather, you should be ashamed.
The least you should have been prepared to do was go the the polling station and spoil your ballot.
Spoiling the ballot paper sends a far greater message than simply not being bothered to turn up. At least it proves that someone was motivated to vote for "none of the above".

I sincerely hope that you buy into democracy a little more next time around.

I'm rarely (if ever) abusive on this board, so you will have to forgive me if I say "f*** off you patronising tosser."

I'LL decide how I exercise my right to vote. NOT you. I went to work for the Fire and Rescue Service at 6am this morning. I finished at 20:00 hrs. Then I went to the shops to buy some food, came home, had a shower and made some dinner.

Then I phoned my mum and dad to check they are okay. Life goes on outside of local politics, Really, it does...

Last edited:

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Well I'm not going to say who I voted for.
See if you can guess.

I believe ...
That rights come with responsibilities.
That the United Kingdom is greater than the sum of its parts.
In standing on my own two feet.
That respect has to be earned.
You have to take responsibility for your own actions.
Your right to freedom stops when it infringes on my liberty.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Bry Nylon said:
I'm rarely (if ever) abusive on this board, so you will have to forgive me if I say "f*** off you patronising tosser."

I'LL decide how I exercise my right to vote. NOT you. I went to work for the Fire and Rescue Service at 6am this morning. I finished at 20:00 hrs. Then I went to the shops to buy some food, came home, had a shower and made some dinner.

Then I phoned my mum and dad to check they are okay. Life goes on outside of local politics, Really, it does...

Clearly I have struck a nerve.
Obviously you decide how to excercise your vote.
I would be ashamed not to excercise it at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here