Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who can cut it in Div 1?

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Mr McGhee says he want to bring in at least 4 new faces in the summer.

"Where are these players going to fit in?", I ask myself?

There are at least five players who i know can cut it in div 1 and they are the spine of the team. Cullip, Knight, Butters, Roberts (apart from his kicking!) and Chippy & I reckon some of the younger players will also start to fulfill their obvious potential as well.

So who will be brought in and where do we most obviously need strengthening?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I think Virgo, Reid and Harding will prove themselves.

Not convinced by Iwelumo, I think we need a more skillful centre forward. His first touch is pretty woeful

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i hope im wrong but butters pace worry's me!.

i think roberts,virgo,kuipers,piercy,cullip,carpenter,jones,hart,knight(at sheff wed),blackwell and rodger(depending on fitness) proved last time they were capable of playing in div1.im sure dan harding is more than capable considering the way he's played in the big games against swindon and bristol city,paul reid and chris iwelumo have both played there for bradford and stoke and hopefully butters will prove me wrong and have another fantastic season.

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Fair play on the Butters front. This time last year i would never have said he was Div 1 but he's proved me wrong this season so i hope he does it again!

I don't think iwelumo has ever been or ever will be Div 1 standard. He's got the worst touch ever, he's supposed to hold the ball up for Knight but he can't even control it (and he's got no pace!) Stoke got rid of him after all!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here