Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Believes Slade is really on borrowed time?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Who seriously believes he is in trouble?

I am afraid that the poor coaching set up could see RS sacked. But I really think this is down to him anyway. He went on at the beginning of the season about structuring the coaching set up and finding "new roles" for DW and BB.

IF someone like Coppell came in would he be aloud the bring Wally Downes and the like in?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Everyone seems to be assuming if Slade goes so will Booker and White. That hasn't happened for the last 8 management changes, has it? Why start now?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Everyone seems to be assuming if Slade goes so will Booker and White. That hasn't happened for the last 8 management changes, has it? Why start now?

I know I am afraid that that is the problem, stale and outdated coaching staff. Not to mention not enough coaches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wally Downes is at Southampton so he wouldnt be coming with Coppell who I would not want back. I would prefer somebody completely new Wise/Poyet!! Unless the results pick up I think that it will happen in early December.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Wally Downes is at Southampton so he wouldnt be coming with Coppell who I would not want back. I would prefer somebody completely new Wise/Poyet!! Unless the results pick up I think that it will happen in early December.

Did not know that. Don't really want wise. Also who is to say Downes would not come over if Coppell was here?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Unless we improve rapidly then I think Russell would be facing the axe before Christmas. I also think this club has too many old boys in nothing jobs behind the scenes. We should get ruthless if we want to be taken seriously as promotion candidates. If Russell pays the price so should White and Booker

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was watching Dean White before the game today to see what he was actually doing. It appears his role is standing around doing f*** all.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Maybe if we are in the bottom 4 at christmas then bloom might consider sacking him but i can't see him being sacked at the moment

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If TB waits until Xmas it maybe too late.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I was watching Dean White before the game today to see what he was actually doing. It appears his role is standing around doing f*** all.

i used to enjoy his pivotal role in the warm up of laying the ball off for the players to have a shot. he seemed to make a total f*** up of every other one, proceeding to either stamp the ground to lay the blame on a bobble, or stretch out his leg in order to claim an injury

brilliant stuff from old woolen head

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Who seriously believes he is in trouble?

I am afraid that the poor coaching set up could see RS sacked. But I really think this is down to him anyway. He went on at the beginning of the season about structuring the coaching set up and finding "new roles" for DW and BB.

IF someone like Coppell came in would he be aloud the bring Wally Downes and the like in?

It depends on the next 2 games - both at home. If we can't pick up 4 pts from them we could have a nightmare November with the fixtures that we have. I reckon if we fail to beat Hartlepool at the end of the month it could be curtains for Slade & Co

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

Booker was sacked with Magee then we bought him back !!! Madness

Strange how White ALWAYS stays? Must say the right things to the right people!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The large number of boos and "f*** off"'s at the end show that time is clearly ticking.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When (not if) RS goes he needs to take the entire backroom staff with him, that should include people like the director of football which is a nothing job at this club

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Slade will live or die by the same means as Wilkins, losing on average a hundred or so supporters per home game on the gate.

Chairman with deepish pockets makes no difference if we are losing x percentage of the wage bill per week in lost gate revenue.

One of the Albions biggest problems over the years, has been to have a smarter than average supporter base who don't suffer fools gladly.

However at this point my mind is not made up - sendings off, time to gel, unsettled key players, injuries etc make a big difference. However what i've seen thus far does not fill me with confidence if the present situation is allowed to ferment over time.

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
This was being discussed back on 20th August
The training staff have to be changed
We need new ideas, new faces and freshen this tired old club up.
We don't need anymore loan players
GET A NEW FIRST TEAM COACH NOW AND DITCH THE DEAD WOOD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here