Who Are These Brighton Fans?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Missed 3 away games and have noticed a change

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I went to stockport and everywhere around me i didnt notice one familiar face! Saw the nchat lot..But all around was a weird bunch.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps these mysterious newbies are this lot.

'A group of unemployed football fans are hiring themselves out to different clubs.

Supporters of SC Goettingen were left without a team to follow when the German side went bust last year.

But they decided to stop feeling sorry for themselves and go out and cheer someone else on - for a price.

Any club who wishes to use the service must be prepared to fork out travel expenses for the group, together with a few beers and bratwursts.

Oh, and they can't be a recognised rival of Frankfurt-based Goettingen, who played in the German Division Two up until October.

In return, the fans will provide strong vocal backing and even compose some special songs for their new team.

Law student Christoph Pauer, who helped to come up with the novel idea, said: "We have been getting so many requests we could travel every weekend until the summer. "

If the group decide to spread the net a little further, there's a little club in Milton Keynes who would benefit from their services.

In fact, if they bought their boots with them, they'd probably get a game.'

:lolol:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
I haven't noticed a change, but then I can only see the backs of heads from where I sit.

My guess is that it's the same folk wearing different masks.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Buck said:
Even if new people have appeared and a few others have dropped off so what. If they are supporting the Albion then fine, this is actually a pointless thread.

Yeah bring on the new fans fair enough,But to say the thread has no point is wrong.

The point is.....I have noticed a new weird bunch going to games that ive not seen before. Point buck!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
byf said:
Yeah bring on the new fans fair enough,But to say the thread has no point is wrong.

The point is.....I have noticed a new weird bunch going to games that ive not seen before. Point buck!

Point is good. If new people are watching the Albion away is good. The core of the group that I travel with are still going this season, but a few have dropped away and we have invited some new yoof on board.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
byf said:
... a new set of albion fans. Now I dont know if these fans live out of brighton..But there a weird looking bunch and theres loads of them!

Has anyone else noticed loads of new faces in the albion crowd?

Its like they have replaced the old set of supporters

At first I thought this sounded like the plot of Invasion of the Body Snatchers .......but hey I'm weird looking and I've supported the Albion everywhere for over 30 years.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
I love a good BYF thread:

Make a SHITE point
say that anyone who disagrees with SHITE point doesn't like other people's opinions
continue to try and back up SHITE opinion with SHITE arguments

not forgetting SHITE jokes

then a bit more talking SHITE

cos he's full of SHITE

we should be grateful though. makes us all look so intelligent.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
On the Left Wing said:
Take care cos if Yorkie brings her "friend" from Uddersfield he may likely shout "West Yorkshire" while the rest of us are chanting East Sussex and West Sussex ....

that would go down a treat in the People's Republic of South Yorkshire!!!!!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

despite were im from i promise i wont be shouting south yorkshire. in response to westies.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Richard Whiteley said:
I love a good BYF thread:

Make a SHITE point
say that anyone who disagrees with SHITE point doesn't like other people's opinions
continue to try and back up SHITE opinion with SHITE arguments

not forgetting SHITE jokes

then a bit more talking SHITE

cos he's full of SHITE

we should be grateful though. makes us all look so intelligent.

Brilliantly put :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
byf said:
Now ive been going for a good few years now+Over the past couple of seasons there has been a core of support.

Meaning every game I went to,Id recognise the same old faces...But this has changed now+the old faces have taken a back seat and made way for a new set of albion fans. Now I dont know if these fans live out of brighton..But there a weird looking bunch and theres loads of them!

Has anyone else noticed loads of new faces in the albion crowd?

Good point. Have to admit on that score that I'm as guilty as anybody of not memorising the faces of the fve and a half thousand season ticket holders and the five hundred folks that buy tickets on a pay-per-view basis. My fault I'm sure. Kill me now :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here