Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are these 3 foreign strikers then??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One of the two belgians wasn't by any chance Jean-Marc Bosman was it, probably one of the most well known football names

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Klijsters, if we are sticking with the sporting theme.

Belgium rates as one of my favourite countries, excellent food, beer and chocolate, the politics is a bit screwed and there is corruption on a massive scale but the people don't take themselves too seriously and their musical taste is similar to the UK (compare and contrast with some of their neighbours), pity most people only pass through on their way to somewhere else.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:
Thanks for that Chapmans, I am off to Qatar on Saturday, intend to check out the local football during my time there, will look out for his name.

You have my sympathy, Gully. What the hell are you going to be doing there?

I spent 10 months in Qatar in 2002. Hated the effing place and July/August is absolutely the worst time to be there.

Officially the poor sods working outside can down tools if the temperature reaches 50 degrees so, surprise, surprise, the official temperature never seems to exceed 49!! And that is HOT.

Apart from the temperature it's also about the most boring place in the world!

Good luck!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:

Belgium rates as one of my favourite countries, excellent food, beer and chocolate, the politics is a bit screwed and there is corruption on a massive scale but the people don't take themselves too seriously and their musical taste is similar to the UK (compare and contrast with some of their neighbours), pity most people only pass through on their way to somewhere else.

On the other hand, you may just love Qatar (see my earlier post!). In my view Belgium is also a crap place to live ... did that for two years in 98/99. Boring as hell.

However if you rate Belgium as a great place you just might like Qatar ......

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The organisation I work for is sending me out there until November, I have spoken with the bloke I will be replacing and he told me a bit about the place, sounds OK to me, reasonable amount to do but I will be working for most of the time anyway, he said that they spend down-time in Doha beside a hotel swimming pool. Had a look on the web to try and find out a bit more about the place, the only "attraction" appeared to be some sand dunes and cliffs near the border with Saudi, given the current security situation there I might just give that one a miss.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Adolphe Sax, inventor of the saxophone.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I had a right laugh in Belgium, was in my early 20's at the time, found the pub/club culture in the town where I lived just to my liking. The locals were particularly friendly, most of the time, would quite happily have stayed a bit longer than I did.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Albionite83 said:
Cigar and coconut to anyone who can name 3 famous Belgians.

The great Jacques Brel.

Herge (as in Tintin)
Georges Simenon (Maigret author)
Rene Magritte
Plastic Bertrand

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gwylan said:
The great Jacques Brel.

Herge (as in Tintin)
Georges Simenon (Maigret author)
Rene Magritte
Plastic Bertrand

We should sign Plastic Bertrand........and the Singing Nun!

Should keep us entertained at half-time! :jester:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Buzza said:
We should sign Plastic Bertrand........and the Singing Nun!

Should keep us entertained at half-time! :jester:

Unfortunately, the Singing Nun has sung her last hymn. She ended her days as a drug-taking lesbian which is more interesting than anything in The Sound of Music.

But M. Bertrand is still touring.

http://users.skynet.be/am254337/enter.html

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hercule Poirot

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was always a bit disturbed by Tin Tin.

He was Belgian ...right

his friends were the Thompson Twins and captain haddock. The Thomson Twins were English bafoons.....but what language did they speak to Tin Tin in? If it was French/Flemish ??? then surely it would have been written in broken english...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I was always a bit disturbed by Tin Tin.

He was Belgian ...right

his friends were the Thompson Twins and captain haddock. The Thomson Twins were English bafoons.....but what language did they speak to Tin Tin in? If it was French/Flemish ??? then surely it would have been written in broken english...

And he lived in a cartoon world! What is up with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here